We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed from my Orlando Forum for Melbourne Beach area

New York
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help needed from my Orlando Forum for Melbourne Beach area

Hoping some of my Orando posters can give me a little assistance-(since there isn't much of a Melbourne beach forum)- we've been to Cocoa Beach, were thinking of staying at Melbourne Beach at either the Double Tree oceanfront, or the Hilton. The HIlton is more pricey (about $30.00 a night more)Any suggestions/opinions on these hotels-we're going for our anniversary, so we wanted direct oceanfront room with balcony-also, how is Melbourne to walk or to go shopping in? Any opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

New York
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed from my Orlando Forum for Melbourne Beach area

If people know the area-my husband is going to Kennedy space ctr. so we don't want to be too far-but if someone has another beach area near that location that you think is nicer, please let me know!!

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,085 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed from my Orlando Forum for Melbourne Beach area

I've been to Melbourne and like the Doubletree a little better,more room to spread out. You might also want to check out the Holiday Inn which is fairly new. Downtown Melbourne is very nice.lots of antique stores and restaurants-great beach and very pretty place.

New York
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed from my Orlando Forum for Melbourne Beach area

thank you so much! Is the holiday inn you're talking about located in Melbourne, or the one in Cocoa Beach, is it oceanfront, and one last question (sorry!) how do you think it compares to the doubletree? thanks!!!!

4. Re: Help needed from my Orlando Forum for Melbourne Beach area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 20:16