We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airfares from Ireland

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Topic
airfares from Ireland

Has anyone else found airfares from Ireland to Florida have gone up quite drastically I know fuel prices have risen but not enough to raise prices by £200 per seat.

Think i will wait it out and hope for the best.

dublin,ireland
Level Contributor
306 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airfares from Ireland

I agree , the flight prices have gone mad ! I think some of the big travel agents have block booked seats on each flight therefor only dear seats left !

American holidays have good packages as they have block booked seat on most flights . hope this helps

Co Down, N. Ireland
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airfares from Ireland

I looked at Aer Lingus a couple of weeks ago and there were cheap flights left about 20th July, the rest were crazy tho.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: airfares from Ireland

Airfares from Ireland were always much cheaper than from the UK.

I checked last week and the fare with Aer Lingus from Dublin was about £300 cheaper than BA's price.

That is still a huge jump from last year. I assumed it was because I was booking so late and that they would be back down in August but perhaps this wont be the case.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
169 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airfares from Ireland

Hi, try delta. I fine them very good, only thing is you have to change flights before getting to orlando. Good luck

Dublin
Level Contributor
793 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airfares from Ireland

If travelling in the peak period, book the 330 days in advance if you can. Prices tend to rise quickly for the peak/school holidays.

Also seen a tip elsewhere - book outward with Virgin via Manchester/Gatwick, and return direct with Aer Lingus, paying in US$. Seems like a good idea.

Ireland
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: airfares from Ireland

Thanks for your replies and suggestions,

This past few years have started to book with Continental around this time of year for October November time. There fares have always been brillant from Dublin to Miami 'Reterning from Orlando was £340 this past two years,

This year its gone up to £550 what a hike.

Will try some of your suggestions, Thanks.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: airfares from Ireland

Continental is the cheapest I could find for this July/August and I trawled through all the airlines.

The fares are still very expensive though. £3300 for 4 adults & 1 child.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airfares from Ireland

We found booking direct with US Airways a lot cheaper than the rest we are travelling end of October.

Ireland
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: airfares from Ireland

Jenniparks 'I think those fares are terrible high but what do you do its a case of pay up are stay at home.

Have just found out aerlingus are going to be using Jet Blue from April 3rd to include a lot more destinations in America Dont think i can take the chance waiting that long, could end up with no flight contiental seemed to be still cheapest by far compared to everyone else

Ireland
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: airfares from Ireland

Havent tried U S airways direct ,will do that

Tried american airlines they where £400 more than Continental.