We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cypress Harbour vs Grande Vista

New York
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cypress Harbour vs Grande Vista

What do you think? stayed at Grande Vista,loved it, also stayed at Horizons, enjoyed that too-little concern about horizons with construction going on-how does Cypress Harbour compare with Gr Vista? I know horizons is more kid oriented, but we have a teenager-was wondering how it compared to the grand Vista-thanks!

Palm Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
634 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cypress Harbour vs Grande Vista

Both are realy beautiful,and its hard to say which is "better".Grand Vista looks a bit more up-scale while Cypress is pretty low key.I think the service is great at both and the activities are comprable.The units at Cypress might be a bit bigger,but not all that much to make a difference.I think if you have already been to Horizons and Cypress you should choose GV.I cant imagine anyone being unhappy there.

New York
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cypress Harbour vs Grande Vista

thanks- We never stayed at Cypress, but last year we were at Horizons, and I would cross the street and walk through the resort-we've been so pleased with the Horizons and did stay at Grande Vista once. We're trying to get into gr vista or Horizons, but the person I'm renting from does have an opening at Cypress Harbour-just wondering if I should grab it or wait for one of the others to open-but I don't think I could go wrong with either property-thanks again!

Palm Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
634 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cypress Harbour vs Grande Vista

By all means grab it.I thought you had been there and might like to try something new.Of the 3,I would probably choose Cypress every time.Try and get a unit in one of the buildings close to the pool/office/market place.It is a big complex and if you are in one of the outer buildings you may feel a bit isolated.Also,a lake view is nice.

New York
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cypress Harbour vs Grande Vista

thanks so much-do they have a game room and activities too? We have a teen and I know at the Gr Vista there was a game room and a place to rent DVD;s etc. Also at Gr Vista one time they brought in some of the endangered animals of the area which was pretty cool!

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cypress Harbour vs Grande Vista

my family has a marriott timeshare and we have stayed at all three. As a teenager, my favorite was Grande Vista. Though I have not stayed at horizons since the year it opened, so it was not complete yet.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cypress Harbour vs Grande Vista

We spent 2 weeks in the Cypress Harbour and thought it was fabulous. We had teenagers with us and it was great for them. Games room, basketball courts, bikes etc etc. What we liked about the CHarbour was the fact it was quite spread out and there were clearly areas of quiet/relaxation compared to fun/party atmosphere. The teenagers loved the pool parties that were around the main pool/bar area with the pool volleyball and the pizza hut takeaway. Also, while talking to timeshare owners in the hot tub they all said that they thought CHarbour had the edge over the others. We visited Grande Vista, as we, like you, were unsure which one to pick and it did look lovely. I don't think you can go wrong with either one so maybe go for CHarbour as it will be something different for you.

New York
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cypress Harbour vs Grande Vista

thank-you all! We'll definetely consider going there- We've been so pleased with the other 2 Marriott properties, I feel like we can't go wrong with any of them! Stayed at Hilton GVC one year, still think Marriott has the edge over them-

8. Re: Cypress Harbour vs Grande Vista

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 03:17