We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfort Inn LBV vs Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive

Marshall, Minnesota
Level Contributor
256 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Comfort Inn LBV vs Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive

Okay, I am trying to choose between the two. Both I can get the same package for the same price. They both say they come with a breakfast buffet. So which is better? Better rooms, better breakfast buffet (which would be an upgrade), and view? Thanks ahead of time:)

~JS

northern ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfort Inn LBV vs Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive

HI there we stayed in the Quality inn plaza a few weeks ago this was our 6th time staing there we like it because of its excellent location its the quieter end of i drive and the pointe is right across the road so you have plenty of retaurant options.However we wouldnt go back the rooms are starting to look very tired and they are very basic.On our first night we were kept awake by a large group of partying guys which went on until 4 in the morning our room had been sandwiched in between them.The next day when we complained(we had rang reception the night before)the first member of staff was very unhelpful her answer to our problem was as the guys were staying another night if it happened again to ring down to reception every half hour!there was no way we were going to go another night without sleep so we spoke to another member of staff who was very helpful and got us moved to another room.I had emailed them before hand and requested the executive block as this was at the quieter part of the hotel so i was a bit annnoyed at having to move however our room was nicer and had better views.Also the breakfasts not great we ate out every morning.Ive not stayed at the comfort inn before so i cant comment but i hope this helps make up your mind at the end of the day no matter were you stay you will have a great time and if its a good location you want with plenty to do within walking distance the QIP is fine.

Scotland
Level Contributor
412 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfort Inn LBV vs Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive

I've only stayed at the Comfort Inn LBV....It gets some pretty rubbish reviews ....but I'd take them with a pinch of salt....it's a budget hotel in a great location....I've spent a total of 9 weeks in the Comfort Inn...the rooms are fine....nothing fancy but we found them to be clean and great for the amount of time we'd be in the room.....the rooms have a fridge and microwave included....we never tried the free breakfast....but I think it consists of juice,waffles,mini donuts,cereals and fruit...I know the breakfast area gets very crowded....there are some good restaurants nearby....don't know if you're driving or not....but the hotel has a great free shuttle to Disney and Universal and Seaworld...it's also walkable to DTD....lol though some would say it's too far...we did it a lot....

If you went for this hotel I'd ask for a room overlooking the carpark....ok so not a great view....but you don't have any traffic noise...

It's not the Grand Floridian....but it's a decent hotel for what you pay for it

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,396 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comfort Inn LBV vs Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive

The Comfort Inn gets a lot of tour groups and the breakfast buffet is pretty much a piece of toast and bad coffee. But I would choose it over the Quality Inn which is really run down. the Comfort Inn is certainly basic but the rooms are clean,the fridge and microwave are a major convenience,it's very nicely situated-I wouldn't want to spend all day in the rooms but it is just fine.

mj6
manchester england
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comfort Inn LBV vs Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive

stayed at the quality inn plaza a couple of years ago it is nothing fancy, but it is ok if you are only using it to sleep. There is plenty of places to eat nearby

there is a helipad next to it and the I 4 is very close

Marshall, Minnesota
Level Contributor
256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comfort Inn LBV vs Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive

Ok, I think I will go for the Comfort inn in LBV. Any special request (like views or rooms) I should ask for?

~JS

Wingham, Ontario
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Comfort Inn LBV vs Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive

As long as you ask for one overlooking the parking lot you will be okay. Try to get one on the fourth or fifth floors so you can see the fireworks from MK and Epcot.

7. Re: Comfort Inn LBV vs Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 01:17