We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photo Pass

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kentucky
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Topic
Photo Pass

Has anyone ever Photopass shared? We have 4 families from our very small town going to WDW the very same week. I wondered pros/cons of doing this. Also, I know you get a CD but can you print pictures from Walmart or are they copyrighted to where you can ONLY order them through WDW? Do they cover photos taken on rides or at the character meals?

Thanks in advance!!!

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
626 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Photo Pass

bump (I'm doing a bump up...hopefully someone will see this ...I'd like to know myself!) : )

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
824 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photo Pass

the photos we had taken were great but only at the photo points around the park....many rides had seperate (& pricey) opportunities to purchase pics of you on the ride.

the photos are great....and we found the photographers willing to take a pic w our camera too...so we just ordered a couple and shared the others....my brothers family & mine went together and it was fun just to see and share all the photos for the month or so they are available.

i know my photo place won't copy anything that may have a copyright without the permission of the photographer.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Photo Pass

Finally! I found the information I was looking for! The site is www.DisneyPhotoPass.com and it specifically covers all my questions. www.disneyphotopass.com/photostore_lobby.aspx

Hope it helps you- it did me!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photo Pass

I wouldn't rely on this for your photos. Depending on when you go the photographers may be very busy and it might be hard go get many pictures with your party (we found that going in June this was the case). Also, they tend to only take staged pictures and not the spontaneous ones you might be looking for. I would allow them to take pictures to supplement ones you take yourself. Theirs tend go be very good quality and it doesn't cost anything for them to take them. You buy only what you want (although they are expensive).

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
379 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photo Pass

You don't need to go to walmart to print pictures of a CD, now, do you?

What resolution such pictures might be, I do not know....they ( Disney people) must have though of that, too...enough for e-mail sharing, but not printing quality(pls.double check)

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Photo Pass

We needed 2 photo passes for our group, we got all our photos done and then at the end of the holiday we got all the pictures put onto both passes so we each had all the pics. I dont think they are copyrighted as weve made copies of the dics but not printed out from another place. We also did this with the discovery cove photo cd but printed some off in Walgreens to. There arnt many rides you can get put onto the photo pass in fact Test Track is the only one i remember. All the disney photo staff carry the things to get every pic put on the pass, worked out great for us

Kentucky
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Photo Pass

Thanks for all the replies. They would be in addition to what photos I take but I would love to be included in some of our vacation photos, not just a couple like vacations in the past. Look how much fun that Dad is having with the kids! Hey, where is mom? Did she go on that trip? Sad isn't it? :-) Just Kidding, it really isn't that bad but this would be a nice addition!

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,955 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Photo Pass

If you purchase the CD only (not individuals) you also get reprint rights to all photos and can get them printed at Walmart or wherever!

Iowa
Level Contributor
249 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Photo Pass

<<If you purchase the CD only (not individuals) you also get reprint rights to all photos and can get them printed at Walmart or wherever! >>

The CD *includes* a file with a release which you can print and take with you to Walgreens/Walmart or somewhere for them to print photos.

You can edit and add borders and 'autographs' on character pictures -- and I just learned in an earlier thread that some places, there is a secret image that can be added to your digital picture.

Wendy

UK
Level Contributor
865 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Photo Pass

Hi we went last year with another family and each family had a photopass card (as didn't always go to the parks together) at the end of the holiday we had both passes put onto 1 cd, then copied the cd so we each had a copy, I got some of the photos printed out at walmart and some printed out at Costco when we got home and never had any problems. We are going again this year with my sister and her family and another couple and are planning to do this again.