We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
431 posts
Save Topic
Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa

Anyone been there? What did you think? Worth the drive down for the evening?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa

While Bern's is a great restaurant, that is a long drive just for a meal.

If you do decide to visit, make sure to go to the desert room. It's an experience in itself.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
431 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa

Thanks for the reply. We were thinking of staying in the area as well that evening as after some cocktails and wine we don't like to drive.

It's not that it's a long drive. We have done it a few times before. ButI'd hate to drive there and have the meal not be worth driving down the street for.

I called a few minutes ago for resos and the lady wasn't very kind. Makes me wonder how the service is if the lady answering the phone is snippy.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa

My husband loves it, but he goes on expense account.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa

It is a world-class steakhouse that has earned its reputation.

Their wine cellar is the largest east of the Mississippi River -- note that this claim includes New York and Chicago.

Do you want a 1750 Cognac? They'll have it. An ancient Chateau Lafite-Rothschild? They'll have that, too.

They own their own beef farm...to ensure the quality of the beef.

They own their own organic vegetable farm -- to ensure that every diner receives the freshest possible vegetables.

They even have their own metalworking shop where many of the plates and serving platters are made.

They have enormous fish tanks in the kitchen -- and you can go into the kitchen, look through the glass portholes in the tanks, and tell the chef which one you'd like to have on your plate.

You can also request a tour of the cellars and the kitchen -- and make sure you reserve a table in the dessert room.

Stay in Tampa that night, and enjoy a top-shelf evening. (It's not coat and tie, but it is definitely a dress for dinner restaurant.)

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
431 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa

Thanks Sunshine. I had a guest recommend the place to me and it sounds great. The menu made me hungry. I don't know what I feel like having, it all looked so good.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa

It is well recommended in the Tampa area but I have never been ... yet. This little thread and a look at the web site has encouraged me to seek it out and eat there. Thanks

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa

Mrs-g, mention the snippy phone receptionist, by name if you have it. Bern's has been around too long to be having that kind of person working there and I'm sure they will do something about it.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa

.... to the manager when you get there, that is.

Succasunna, NJ
Level Contributor
338 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa

I haven't been there in many years but it was very good when I went and I would also make the suggestion of a previous post about the dessert room.....it's a fun and unique experience. In fact, I'd skip the steak and do dessert....but that's me. I enjoy sweets.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa

The service in the restaurant is exemplary without being fawning. I'd ask to speak to a manager and mention the treatment on the phone -- it's certainly not typical of Bern's.