We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how busy april 18th till may 2nd

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
somerset
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
how busy april 18th till may 2nd

we are flying into sanford on the 18th april staying at the sheraton vistana resort- lake buena vista for two weeks, 4 adults one little girl aged 3.we were wondering how busy it would be about this time, and how long the lines would be. looking forward to your views.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how busy april 18th till may 2nd

I think this might be good time to go! Spring Break will be over, so things should be alot calmer by then.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,082 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how busy april 18th till may 2nd

That's right; spring break is over for the most part, so you should have only moderate crowds.

Weather should be great too.

new york
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how busy april 18th till may 2nd

We went last year from april 20-28th, the crowds were not too bad, and it was nice and warm. We loved it!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how busy april 18th till may 2nd

we go the exact same dates as you! are you flying from manchester? we are with virgin! i've heard it shouldnt be too bad then as spring holidays are over. just avoid iniversal on the middle weekend as i've been told its graduation weekend and has been shut for just the students! enjoy!

x

long island NY
Level Contributor
474 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how busy april 18th till may 2nd

spring break here on Long Island for my daughter is 4/18-4/28th

Succasunna, NJ
Level Contributor
338 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how busy april 18th till may 2nd

Same thing in parts of NJ.......18th to the 28th

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how busy april 18th till may 2nd

You will get odd 'spring breakers' probably right up to beginning of may but nothing will be as bad as a couple of week before....

We've been this time twice and love it....weather = great, crowds = great, everything's = great !!

Just might want to take a pair of thin long trousers and/or a thin jumper for the evenings....can get a bit chilly but in all honesty after the sweltering yet gorgeous heat during the day you welcome a bit of a breeze...

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how busy april 18th till may 2nd

have a look at touringplans.com crowd calendar.

It will only give you info a month in advance updated daily unless you subscribe ( $8 or so) but by the end of March you will have info for all of April.

somerset
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: how busy april 18th till may 2nd

thanks dudes for all your help, sounds like its a good time to go. only 4 weeks to go cant wait.we are flying with thomas cook from gatwick any thoughts on this or advice.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how busy april 18th till may 2nd

I'm fairly sure it is High School or College graduation the weekend of April 25th so if I wasan't flying home that weekend, I would avoid the themes parks and beaches and have that weekend by the pool.