We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are NewYear's Eve fireworks seen from beach at Ft Wilderness

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
432 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Are NewYear's Eve fireworks seen from beach at Ft Wilderness

Ny family is planning our first trip to WDW from 1/2-1/9, 2009. I understand this should be a good time and not too busy. We don't want to go into any of the parks on New Years Eve, but thought it might be nice to get to Ft Wilderness on 12/31 if the New Years Eve fireworks are visible from the beach at Fort Wilderness. Does anyone know? Any thoughts on whether it is worthwhile to do this or smarter just to wait and come into the campground the next day (the rates drop by 1/2)

Also any suggestions or hints about the campground are most appreciated.

Thanks!

Dickson, Tennessee
Level Contributor
889 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are NewYear's Eve fireworks seen from beach at Ft Wilderness

I'm not 100% sure on all campground areas but trees & terrain will block view of MK fireworks from Wilderness area. I would recommend trying to get to Contemporary and view from 4th floor observation deck, although it will be hard to get parking there on NYE.

pa
Level Contributor
54,382 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are NewYear's Eve fireworks seen from beach at Ft Wilderness

The Trees have really grown up and the View is not the best anymore.

I would wait to check-in on the 2nd for several resaon, the lower price would be at the top of the list :)

If you do decide to check-in for NYE, try the Beach at the Polynesian, less crowded then getting over to the Contemporary, IMO

I put up a Post about the FW this morning, they are doing a Rehab, not sure when it will be complete but the improvements will be Swell

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,330 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are NewYear's Eve fireworks seen from beach at Ft Wilderness

I agree that the view from Ft. Wilderness beach isn't great.

The best "beach" to see the fireworks at M.K. from is the Poly for sure.

Iowa
Level Contributor
249 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are NewYear's Eve fireworks seen from beach at Ft Wilderness

<<The best "beach" to see the fireworks at M.K. from is the Poly for sure.>>

Better than GF? I had GF beach pencilled in for one night to watch fireworks.

Are there drinks/snacks available at the beaches?

Any spots in particular to suggest?

Wendy

pa
Level Contributor
54,382 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Are NewYear's Eve fireworks seen from beach at Ft Wilderness

We enjoy the Beach at the Poly because it is such a nice Resort to visit and is a bit more relaxed then at the GF, IMO.

You can get a Snack at Capn Jacks Food Court or a Drink from the Bar before going outside to watch the Fireworks.

We also think the view of the Water Parade is better from the Poly Beach :)

6. Re: Are NewYear's Eve fireworks seen from beach at Ft Wilderness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 04:19