We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Nintendo DS in Orlando

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
No Nintendo DS in Orlando

Cannot understand why it is so difficult to try and buy a Nintendo DS in Orlando. Both Easter 2007 and Easter 2008 - No Nntendo DS handheld machines anywhere in stock!!!

All the usual stores (Walmart, Kmart, Games Stop) have no stock at $129. Why is this?

London, UK
Level Contributor
503 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No Nintendo DS in Orlando

Good question, and something i too have an interest in so bump

England
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No Nintendo DS in Orlando

When they first came out as the upgraded lite version in 2006 we were also searching like mad.

All the stores around the attractions were empty, however we were visiting friends at Southern Dunes and they have a supersize Walmart store near to entrance of the complex and this one has hundreds of them.

You will probably find its because you are in an area that has at anytime 5 million extra shoppers all on vacation.

You need to spread you wings a bit.

Get the store info from the site and ring them before you travel.

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
811 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No Nintendo DS in Orlando

We eventually found one in a game shop at the Mall of Millenia for $139.

However when we were in Daytona at the beginning of our holiday, Walmart, Circuit City & Toys r US all had loads in stock (all the new colours too) for $129, (why didnt i get mine from there lol!!).

London, UK
Level Contributor
503 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No Nintendo DS in Orlando

Im assuming that you done need to buy an appropriate charger when you get back here but US games are compatible with DS bought in UK.

Any thoughts on a Wii ?

Dublin
Level Contributor
790 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No Nintendo DS in Orlando

USB powered, so no need for convertor. Bought 2 last week in Circuit City (new store) in Orlando. $129 each including free carry case. Last ones they had, but Best Buy across the road seemed to have a few.

If you but a WII in US, you will also need to always get your games from the US only. Good prices though.

Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No Nintendo DS in Orlando

In Sarasota today and had no problem in finding a Nintendo DS. It must only be a problem in Orlando.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,710 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No Nintendo DS in Orlando

Just a shot in the dark, but I am guessing a lot of pre teens and maybe teens end up bored in the rooms at night and the Nintendo DS is a slightly expensive way to keep them occupied that they will use when they get home too. And naturally, the closest stores to the parks and related hotels get bought out first and often.

Marshall, Minnesota
Level Contributor
256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No Nintendo DS in Orlando

USB? I beg to differ about the charger. It is a standard two prong A/C adapter, so people from overseas, will need a converter.

~JS

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No Nintendo DS in Orlando

Absolutely....

We got to DS for crimbo from NYC, the socket on the unit is NOT a USB connection, although similar looking, you can purchase a UK 3 pin charger from various outlets...Tesco, GAME etc. for under a tenner or if you have a multi adapter you can use the USA style charger through the adaptor into a 3 pin UK plug.

scotland
Level Contributor
142 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: No Nintendo DS in Orlando

hi am i right in saying that if you buy the ds there you can use the games that you bought here and if you have the ds you can buy games there