We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monorail to park (s) ?

Esbjerg, Denmark
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Monorail to park (s) ?

Every guest must ride the monorail from the parkering area to Magic Kingdom.

How about for Epcot if you come by car ?

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,541 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Epcot
Epcot
24,685 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monorail to park (s) ?

Nope, you can park right at Epcot and walk in.

If you wanted to, you can also park over at the Ticket & Transportation Center (where you'd park for the MK) and take the Monorail over.

Side note: For the MK, if you didn't want to take the Monorail, you could also park at the T&TC and take the ferry over instead of the Monorail. As you're walking towards the monorail, cut over towards your left and you'll see where the dock is. Just another option :)

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,685 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monorail to park (s) ?

Can you ride the Epcot monorail from the TTC to Epcot and back just for the sake of riding it and checking out the scenery. As I understand it the Epcot monorail is a fairly long ride and it goes into Epcot right.

On the same note if I had a little spare time while waiting for to meet up with others would it be worth it to ride a loop on the MK/resort monorail just to get an overview of things or can not much be seen.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,685 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
158 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monorail to park (s) ?

We've ridden the monorail just for the fun of it! The best bit was going right inside the Contemporary Resort.

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
446 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monorail to park (s) ?

The EPCOT monorail is a longer ride - about 4.5 miles each way - mucch longer than the trip to the Magic Kingdom. You can ride just for fun, but unless you park at a Disney resort, it will still cost about $10 to park at either the TTC or EPCOT. The monorail does go through Spaceship Earth and is a very fun ride!

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,685 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,541 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Spaceship Earth
Spaceship Earth
234 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monorail to park (s) ?

Yeah, we had breakfast one morning at the Grand Floridian, didn't go into any of the parks, but we took the ferry around the Seven Seas Lagoon, then went upstairs and took the Monorail around before going home. Just for the fun of it :)

Haha...I'm so glad to hear we're not the only ones!! We were cracking up that morning!

Mentioned in this post
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney's Grand Floridian...
4,651 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monorail to park (s) ?

In August we just rode it just to cool off we rode it 3 time back and forth and then we went in the park which was Magic Kingdom.

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,541 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Malvern, PA
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Monorail to park (s) ?

There are actually 3 monorails that you can take fromt the transportation center. 2 go to MK, one is an express the other stops at all 3 hotels, the third one goes to Epcot, but it does not go thru Space ship Earth, as someone posted. One other option when taking the monorail that no one mentioned is to ask to ride up front with the driver. That is a neat experience and you get a better view and some interesting information. And no there is no cost.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,685 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Esbjerg, Denmark
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monorail to park (s) ?

Thank you

now I can tell my family,7 of us are coming

We´ll stay at POP 8/22-8/28, haven´t decided yet to use the bus or drive ourselves.

Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monorail to park (s) ?

Great I am going to have some time on my own and I think I am going to use some of it to just ride around on the mono, ferries, etc just to check things out, maybe I can park at Downtown Disney and start my trek from there. Thanks for the info.

10. Re: Monorail to park (s) ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 10:17