We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WDW boat rentals

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
803 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
WDW boat rentals

My previous trips to Disney I heard about various boat rentals including watermice. Can someone tell me more about this and where I can do it?

This time I'll be staying at two hotels - the Hilton at WDW and Pop Century. I don't believe either has boat rentals on property. So where can I go to this?

Any links to info on places, types of boats, rates, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Deepsea Disney Dragon

pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: WDW boat rentals

There are several Disney Resorts that rent out the Boats as well at Downtown Disney.

Here's a helpful site

www.allears.net/btp/dd_recr.htm

midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WDW boat rentals

Grand floridian, Port Orleans, Polynesian.

Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WDW boat rentals

Hmm a boat rental might be something I would be interested in as well hadn't really thought about it on this trip but have done it on other vacations at other destinations. Anyone have any more info about it. So Captain Jack's Marina is at Downtown Disney?

My biggest question would be how much of an area are you allowed to boat in. I have been dissapointed during past boat rentals, for example rent a nice power boat only to find that you are restricted to a very small area so you basically just go around in circles. If I were to rent a boat I would like to be able to cover a larger area and site see, like the boat rental last year in San Diego Bay, awesome.

Didn't mean to highjack your post Dragon but figured it would answer your questions too.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
803 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WDW boat rentals

That's OK - I'm interested in this too.

I would probably rent from Downtown Disney. What kind of area could I boat in?

Thanks!

-Dinghy Drivin' Dragon

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,736 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WDW boat rentals

I believe you can also rent boats at Ft. Wilderness to use on Bay Lake.

6. Re: WDW boat rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 16:18