We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a Stroller at Magic Kingdom??

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Buying a Stroller at Magic Kingdom??

Does anyone know if strollers are available for purchase? The rental price is increasing on 4/6 to $15/day for single use and $13 for multi day prepaid use. I am thinking I will need the stroller before and after the parks and for events outside the parks. I don't want to haul one with us on the plane....

Thanks,

M

orlando
Level Contributor
450 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying a Stroller at Magic Kingdom??

Why don't you just go to Walmart when you get to Orlando and buy a cheap one? An umbrella stroller might be good and I actually found one at K Mart thats a little more upscale than an umbrella stroller, but still fairly small for $20.00. It has a hard back with 2 positions, a detachable tray and a detachable sun shade, plus its still much smaller than a full size stroller and easy to carry. Its still not as small as an umbrella stroller, though.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying a Stroller at Magic Kingdom??

Disney does offer a stroller to buy. I have forgotten the brand name of it but I have seen many children in them. I think it is around $30-40. It is pretty lightwieght but extremely sturdy. My DH and I have always wanted to get one but we are waiting until we have another little one to fill it. We have a 7 year old who doesn't need a stroller.

It might be worth it for you to purchase. And you would only have to bring it home. Buying one would give you the opportunity to have a stroller for before and after the parks.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying a Stroller at Magic Kingdom??

Thank for the info.....I won't need it once we get back (my niece is 4 and doesn't use a stroller at home but I know we will need one there....she will be tired and too heavy to carry). I thought I would buy rather than rent and find another family on our last day and gift it.....

Glad to know I can buy one there rather than rent....

Cheers,

M

pa
Level Contributor
54,088 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying a Stroller at Magic Kingdom??

Yes, they do have a Stroller to buy, it's $40.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying a Stroller at Magic Kingdom??

This is a good idea. We had planned on renting but with the price going up this would be neat. Does anybody have one or know where to find a picture of one. Thanks!

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
626 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying a Stroller at Magic Kingdom??

What w wonderful idea...to gift the stroller to someone after using it ...very thoughtful. We do the same with all the floaties, beach balls and pool toys we bring...spread the magic!

DC7

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying a Stroller at Magic Kingdom??

I just checked - and Walmart has strollers for 20$ and up.

That is so great then we dont need to bring our own.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying a Stroller at Magic Kingdom??

We just arrived home and on our last day in Epcot returning our rental stroller they had the strollers to purchase. We used Disney transportation the whole time and debating on buying a umbrella stroller before leaving for our almost 3 year old but did not. We laughed when we saw the stroller to buy at Epcot when we were leaving. We really needed one, the walk from the bus to enter the park can be a long one. Our little one crashed for 2 days in the middle of our trip and really did not want to walk.

london
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying a Stroller at Magic Kingdom??

hi what did the disney buggy's look like?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,960 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buying a Stroller at Magic Kingdom??

We always gift our pool toys to other families with children when on holiday. It's a nice thing to do.