We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

continental airline glasgow to orlando via newark

Scotland
Level Contributor
280 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
continental airline glasgow to orlando via newark

Hi.

Just wondered if anyone has done this route and what it was like?

Are there tv's on the backs of chair in front of you on flight from glasgow to new york?

Thanks again!

glasgow, scotland
Level Contributor
249 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: continental airline glasgow to orlando via newark

Hi,

have done this trip a few times.

There are no seat back tv's on the flight to Newark. Continental use 757 planes which to be honest are now getting jaded and in need of an overhaul. The food is the usual fare, you have to pay for drinks snacks etc.Have missed our connecting flight down to MCO only once and the ground staff were very good and just put us on the next flight which was only 45 minutes after the one we missed.Getting through immigration can be a bit hit and miss, if you arrive with other flights it can take bit more time but still don't find it as long as immigration at MCO which can be a real nightmare.You have to collect your luggage and then drop it back of again as soon as you exit immigration hall.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: continental airline glasgow to orlando via newark

Goldensunset.

How long a lay over did you have between flights?

Doing this route in June.

Rettie

glasgow, scotland
Level Contributor
249 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: continental airline glasgow to orlando via newark

have done 1hour 15mins on outbound but now it is usually 1hour 45 or 50 minutes as they seem to have changes the schedule. On way back usually 2 hours plus. We have made the return flight by the skin of our teeth twice having been depalyed in MCO due to major thunderstorm and having to run the lenght of terminal to make the GLA flight,makes you glad you made it and your just thankful to be getting home that you kind of forget its a cramped flight. This might all sound bad but we've always made it and can't complain about our dealings with Continental.

Scotland
Level Contributor
280 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: continental airline glasgow to orlando via newark

Hi GS.

What time of the year have you gone?

We are going in Dec..

Don't mean to sound dumb but at Newark do we have to collect our luggage and put on forwarding flight to Orlando or is automatically transferred from Newark to Orlando?

Have never flown to MCO before, normally Sanford.

Thanks for your help.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: continental airline glasgow to orlando via newark

Mojom20

I contacted Conintental and I nice lady named Doris e-mailed me that we have to clear customs & immigration in Newark, She kindly assigned us seats as she noticed this hadn't been done at time of booking.

Golden Sunset

Thanks for that we have 1hr 40 mins between flights on the outward but about 3 hrs or so on the return.

Notice from my research on flights that most US companies don't provide free alcohol refreshments but that doesn't bother us, however were you offered wine with your meal?

Regards

Rettie

glasgow, scotland
Level Contributor
249 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: continental airline glasgow to orlando via newark

have flown with them in May June September and December.

Yes you have to collect bags and then deposit them for connecting flight. The bag drop is just outside the immigration and customs hall, just drop off bags and go up flight of stairs to look at the connections board and on to the gate.

glasgow, scotland
Level Contributor
249 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: continental airline glasgow to orlando via newark

if you have a continental booking ref then you can choose your seats. Go to the website and put in booking ref and name then it will come up your trip and select each part of the flight. then choose your seats from the available ones.

Scotland
Level Contributor
280 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: continental airline glasgow to orlando via newark

Hi. Rettie.

Do we have to go immigration and customs in MCO?

Thanks.

Also, thanks GS for your useful info.

glasgow, scotland
Level Contributor
249 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: continental airline glasgow to orlando via newark

No just pick up back and leave. MCO has a cute train that takes you from the arrivals terminal to the baggage terminal. First time we did this my kids thought it was great, hubby and I thought we'll never get out of here lol.If you need driving instruction I can sent you them just pm me.

Scotland
Level Contributor
280 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: continental airline glasgow to orlando via newark

Goldensunset, thank you sooo much. This is a great forum.

I have learnt so much this evening from you.

Have now got seats booked on the plane.

Good to know about MCO airport.

My husband and I don't drive while we are there.

Neither of us feel confident enough. Have managed fine though with shuttle bus and the i-ride.

Thanks again for your time.