We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's your favorite resort for young kids and why?

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
What's your favorite resort for young kids and why?

I'd like to hear from anyone with young kids who has gone to Disney and stayed on property. Where did you stay? Did you like it? What did they have for your kids to do?

I've stayed at a few places at Disney. I think our favorite place to stay with kids so far is the Fort Wilderness Campground. It just seems to have so much for kids to do. But i like to try different things, so I'd appreciate any input that I can get for our next trip.

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Portrush, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's your favorite resort for young kids and why?

Neerdowell,

Do you really live in Orlando and stay on Disney properties?

Shaz

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's your favorite resort for young kids and why?

Yes, we visit the parks frequently throughout the year but also like to stay on property. We average about two stays a year at Disney resorts. Now, we don't stay for two or three weeks like the UK visitors do. But living so close, we don't have to pack in a year's worth of memories in one long trip. We tend to stay for very long weekends, like Thursday to Monday. We also like to stay Monday to Friday so that we miss all the weekend traffic.

Portrush, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's your favorite resort for young kids and why?

whao,

Im still trying to get my head round staying in orlando in a villa and then going to the resort hotel for a couple of nights, my hubby cant see the logic in moving from one place to another in orlando, I'll be watching replies to this post as I cant make up my mind which moderate resort to go to, so will hopefully get some suggestions that is best for kids.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
pa
Level Contributor
54,713 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What's your favorite resort for young kids and why?

Neerdowell,

I agree, Ft Wilderness is Great for Kids :)

We tend to stay away from the Value Resorts these days, just too crowded and the Pool and Game Room don't seem enough to want to stay there anymore.

For Moderates, the Port Orleans Riverside is very Kid Friendly and having that extra Trundle Bed comes in Handy. The fishing Hole is a nice Bonus and the Food Court has alot more Options since they re-did it

For Deluxe Resorts you can't beat Animal Kingdom Lodge, IMO, the kids can just wander the Lobby and be thrilled, never mind the Fun and excitement of the Animals :)

We've made it a point to stay at all the Resorts over the years, each one has something different to make us want to 'go back' and stay.

Mentioned in this post
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Port Orleans...
9,124 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's your favorite resort for young kids and why?

My niece (now 11) loves the Wilderness Lodge...the pool, the geyser, the boat ride to MK, the carriage rides and the Whispering Canyon. The electric water parade and beach and pool games. They have story telling and hidden Mickey hunts. If your lucky, you can also be a flag family (arrrggghhhhhh...up with the sun) and hear tales from the lodge ranger. She always picks the WL (we let her pick the resort).

We are staying at the Poly on Saturday so will have a trip report from a 4 year old's pov soon.

M

Mentioned in this post
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe
2,194 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's your favorite resort for young kids and why?

Thanks for the replies so far, everybody.

partypa-

We really liked POR, but haven't been back since the food court remodel. What did they add/change?

Portrush, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's your favorite resort for young kids and why?

and which has the best pools for kids in the moderate bracket, as in not just a big swimming pool, but with slides etc.

pa
Level Contributor
54,713 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What's your favorite resort for young kids and why?

Favourite Station at the POR food Court is the 'Make your Own Pasta' you can pick what type of Pasta and then as many things as you want to go with it, then choose your sauce and they cook it all in front of you. YUMMY :)

All the Moderate Resort Pools have a Slide. Kids love the Dragon Slide at POFQ but all of them are fun. All the Moderates also have Hot Tubs :)

9. Re: What's your favorite resort for young kids and why?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 04:16