We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If money were no object...

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
1 review
Save Topic
If money were no object...

..what would you do differently for your Disney vacation (or would you go elsewhere?).

We'd still go to Disney, but for 4 weeks instead of two going at the beginning of the summer hols and use one week to take a Disney cruise. I'd fly the the better half first class and I'd take the 3 kids in the highest class they'd allow us. I'd hire a babysitter for a few nights so we could have time for ouselves and to allow a joint visit to a spa.

I'd also love to just make the rental car salepersons day by allowing them to sell me every option and upgrade available without offering any resistance.

As for tipping, the joy at giving a 100% tip for really good proper service in a restaurant and savouring the look at the servers reaction, especially from a Brit.

Small dreams , but hey..

Cromwell, CT
Level Contributor
766 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If money were no object...

I love it... what a "dreamy" thread this will become.

We'd definitely still do Disney as well.... and we'd enjoy it like some of you all do.... for multi-weeks at a time!!! (at LEAST THREE) Taking time to savour every last moment, instead of having to rush through parts in order to "do it all!!".

I think the first time, every couple of nights we'd move from resort to resort, just so we could experience them all. We'd also make sure we'd try out all of the "favorite" restaurants.

Naturally, once vacation was over, thank God we'd be able to afford the personal trainers and chefs who would have to help us recover from such a vacation!!

Dreaming on....... (and counting down... 37 days to go....)

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: If money were no object...

If money were no object I would go to Australia and New Zealand- but that will be a long way away probably when the kids are all grown up.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If money were no object...

If money was no object I would love to pay Disney to close the parks to everyone except my party for a day at each,no lines,no waiting for food ,no having to book dinning ,Ah heaven if only:)

And if there was money left over id treat Chelsea to a new Manager lol:)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,733 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If money were no object...

I'd fly Club world everywhere, but only stay in Disney (in a deluxe resort 2 rooms) for a few days. then I'd go elsewhere.

Like Jenni I have always hankered after Australia and the far east. Hubby doens't like such places, and refuse to go on Safari either. I'm waiting for children to grow a tidge more before I subject them to anti-malarials. One of my GF kids had a bad reaction.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: If money were no object...

.. and I'd try to buy a place on the train that brings Mickey to the park first thing in the morning and be the ones that open the park with Fairy Dust.

Am I really 42?

philadelphia
Level Contributor
356 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If money were no object...

I would be at the Maldives Islands in an over water bungalow then off to Africa for a Safari

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If money were no object...

I'd go to florida for 4 weeks, spend the first week at the gaylord palms then a week at the grand floridian then 2 weeks at a villa.

I'd hire a hummer for me and a porsche for b/f and i'd spend my days shopping and sipping cocktails by the pool lol

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If money were no object...

If money were no object, I'd take under-privileged families, handicapped children and orphans to Disney, all expenses paid.

Cromwell, CT
Level Contributor
766 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If money were no object...

Chinners.... your response just made me teary-eyed!!

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: If money were no object...

Like Chinners I would take all the taumatised/underpriveledged kids I have worked with over the past ten years or so and give them a holiday they would never forget.