We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50's Prime Time Cafe good for two adults with no kids?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
50's Prime Time Cafe good for two adults with no kids?

I finally have my restaurant list narrowed down to Tony's Town Square, Chefs de France, Wolf Gang Puck, Ohana or Boma, Tutto Italia, Yak and Yeti and 50's Prime Time. I know 50's Prime Time can be kind of an interactive place for kids ,but I don't know how it would be for adults.

Liberty, Missouri
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 50's Prime Time Cafe good for two adults with no kids?

It would be great fun. Don't know your age but we had fun saying...my mom had one of those..my grandma used to have that in her house. Great decor.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 50's Prime Time Cafe good for two adults with no kids?

sorry I should have put our ages we are in our early to mid 20's

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,341 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 50's Prime Time Cafe good for two adults with no kids?

We weren't thrilled when we were there. From what I have seen, it all depends on the server. Several other tables were laughing and carrying on, but our waitress was like one pretty much at Denny's. The food was just ok.

Given your choices, I would go with Boma first, Ohana second, Tony's third (haven't been to Y+Y yet and can't stand Wolfgang Puck in general).

You didn't say dinner or lunch, if this is a dinner plan, perhaps choose something else, then hit 50's for lunch?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,310 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 50's Prime Time Cafe good for two adults with no kids?

I ate here with my grown sister in Sept. 2006 when we visited during the free dining plan offer.

We both thought the food was pretty good and the atmosphere very fun.

I thought of this one especially for her, since she's a true "baby boomer" who grew up watching all those old 50's television shows as a child.

She really enjoyed clips from the old shows. We both had the pot roast meal, and I had the beer-battered O-rings which were fantastic!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 50's Prime Time Cafe good for two adults with no kids?

It is really a juvenile place,much better suited for a family with children. Also we found the food to be mediocre. I would suggest The Brown Derby or Mama Melrose.

midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 50's Prime Time Cafe good for two adults with no kids?

The food at the Brown Derby is better, however, the atmosphere is a little stuffy. If you want something more "fun", then stick with the Prime Time.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,285 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 50's Prime Time Cafe good for two adults with no kids?

More oriented to children. We don't care for the food but when you have kids with you,it is sort of fun. For adults thought, I don't see any appeal-I don't find the whole shtick at all funny and my husband despises it. Almost as bad as the whole catsup thing at the Wilderness Lodge. Mama Melrose or the Brown Derby offer better food and actual service.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 50's Prime Time Cafe good for two adults with no kids?

Thats what we were debating about whether it was too juvenile for us. We are on the basic dining plan so trying to use our table credits wisely.

NYC
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 50's Prime Time Cafe good for two adults with no kids?

Hey...im 23 and i went to prime time last yr with my boyfriend...It was cute but they sat us at a "car" table and my boyfriend being 6'3 it didnt work out to well..plus we were sitting directly infront of other people..and the tables there r small.. If ur going to go there, i recomend u sit at a regular table

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 50's Prime Time Cafe good for two adults with no kids?

hi, you guys probably would not appreciate the style or humor of the place (the food was pretty good, old fashioned pot roast and milk shake kind of thing). I was a kid in the sixties and early seventies so I remember the fifties style furniture, it reminds me of my Grammys old house. I grew up watching reruns of all the shows they play on the many TV's throughout the place. I love 50's stuff, its cute. I have been 3 times. Its always crowded and if you don't get a good seat its not so fun. We had a waiter one time that made me do math! Not a talent of mine. He got really pushy and was trying to explain how to do algebra. Hey buddy, its my vacation! Anyway, I would go for something more adult and romantic. Have fun whatever you choose! bye.