We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinning in Disney parks without reservations

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dinning in Disney parks without reservations

Will be going to WDW first week of May, I would prefer not to make dinning reservations tying me to a particular time to eat but also do not want to have to wait forever to get a table. At this point the only two sit down meals we are planning for in the parks is lunch at the Rainforest Cafe at AK on Wednesday May 7th and Dinner in HS on Saturday May 3rd probably at the Sci Fi Dinner but not sure on location on that one yet. Any other eats will just be quick bits here and there.

Just wondering if anyone has an idea on if it will work out ok without a reservation or if I really should make one. Having been to a couple of Rainforest Cafes before I found the waits there to be terribly long but I read a post somewhere, that I cant find again now, saying that the one at AK is normally not that busy.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,952 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinning in Disney parks without reservations

I´ll say that it is well doable...

Rfc is not that bad...

and you are not planning to go to Le Cellier or chef de France (where you def. need a reservation)

so try it!

:-)

Cheshire,UK
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinning in Disney parks without reservations

Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney usually has very long waits but we don't book for the one at Animal Kingdom and usually get seated for dinner within 20 minutes or so.

We did book for Sci Fi Diner though and they were turning away walk-ups because it was fully booked, might be a bit quieter though being May.

3. Re: Dinning in Disney parks without reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 21:20