We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
4 posts
Save Topic
fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

Please be advised that both websites are the same fraudulent travel websites.

Based on other's comments and own experience these websites are fraudulent ie.

1. The customer service phone numbers do not work

2. The companies have domain names registered in Holland and Turkey and credit card payments are processed in Istanbul

3. Others that have booked with them report that when they arrive at destination the hotel is unable to confirm a reservation was made even though the websites have charged their credit cards

4. Others report that the companies will debit your credit card multiple times

5. Although the website states you can cancel reservation it is unlikely you will ever get reimbursed.

CONCLUSION. FRAUDULENT TRAVEL WEBSITE. BEWARE!

NB. At present it appears that authorities do no care about protecting consumers given there is currently no listing of known fraudulent websites like there is for viruses,worms,email scams etc.

Caveat emptor Buyer Beware is the best there is currently.

PS. It is important that those who experience fraud report it to the following agencies to reduce the ever increasing amount of cyber crime. www.ic3.gov and www.phonebusters.com in the hope that one day they will post a consumer website listing known frauduluent websites to help protect the unsuspecting public.

Seattle
1 post
Save Reply
31. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

I recently booked a room for an upcoming trip to Kyoto at a great price using bookinhotels.com. After reading the comments in this thread I became concerned and contacted the hotel directly to check on my reservation. They confirmed that my reservation exists, that it is paid for, and they gave me a confirmation number. Despite a little anxiery I feel like I got a great deal. I suspect that these are people trying to run a legitimate business but are hamperd by being located in Istanbul.

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
32. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

Similar situation with me, am planning accommodation for an upcoming trip to Japan next April and have used Bookinhotels for accommodation in Kanazawa and Osaka. Instant confirmation were obtained and CC was charged appropriately, albeit there was FX conversion fee which was typical for overseas transaction.

Will definitely check in with the hotels directly in advance to make sure they successfully receive my bookings rather than running the risk of being left stranded in a foreign city!

Ulm, Germany
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

the problem with bookinhotels.com is that their internet portal surface is quite "crappy".

1. the voucher print out doesn't work with the email link, you need to go to "my account"

2. they don't tell the name of the "agency", it's mailly GTA Gulliver's Travel UK but this info is just missing in bookinhotels.com

3. in the "your account" section they use abbreviations like "Cnd" for canceled by sytem. If you cancel the booking with your own action (used "cancel this booking" on "your account") it shows "Ref" which might mean "refund"?

If you change a booking it will be shown as "Aminv"....

"Inv" means confirmed I suppose :-)

4. the response time for questions is quite long (up to 36hs) but I got at least an answer to all my questions.

5. however in case of fried they made a mistake: they issued the "invoice" in Turkish Lira instead of EUR (as requested by the person booked). The creditcard company somehow charged 10% as fee to the transaction (Creditcard is from Finland, so I can imagine this high fee is true as even to transfer 50 EUR to a bankaccount which isnot in same domestic bank usually cost 2-3 EUR)...

---------------

me personally I had no issue so far and I've used them already 6 times (2 cancelations) as they are usually with the lowest rates!

otel.com is very reliable (also charge in Istanbul), cancelations are refunded within 3-4 days to creditcard.

same for Asiarooms.com (TUI Travel) but usually 10% higher rates (they use same hotel brokers but add higher fee)

Portarlington...
Level Contributor
524 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

I have a booking with http://www.bookinhotels.com/nd/index.php

Straight away I got confirmation & printed hotel voucher.

I called the hotel & they confirmed the booking was in order & paid in full.

Ulm, Germany
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

BTW: Hotels in Japan: I made experience last June when (exchange rate was 30% better for EUR than now) that the bookings directly with hotels was better or equal than the prebooking sites. And in Japan you usaully have full flexibility (no penalty for changes or cancelation even 24hs before arrival)

The problem is just to find the hotels which usually don't have english websites (I asked my Japanese colleague to help out). The rates offered for foreigners might be higher than for domestic bookers. Check also airline offers, if you fly with ANA or JP-A check for special rates on their webpages.

Ulm, Germany
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

and my bookinhotel.com cancelation has been refunded ot my creditcard today 30.12.08, cancelation was made 19.12.08. Acceptable time for my understanding!

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

My confirmed cancellation of 04-12-2008 is still not refunded. Within seconds I've got an automatic reply from Bookinhotels when I sended them a complaint about this. Today I talked to my creditcard provider. They send me some formulars to get back my paiments. I don't like doing buisiness this way.

I still have one reservation with these guys. Unfortunately the hotel neven got any information about my booking, so in a few day I will cancel this booking again. Otherwise my creditcard company will not accept my complaint anymore.

Waiting about some positive news, Cees

Ulm, Germany
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

again: nobody is urgend to use bookinhotels to book a hotel room. In some case there is almost zero advantage except the hazzle with prepayment and cancelation. I wouldn't use them if you save only 10 EUR/night

In my case I pay 100 EUR incl. BF at bookinhotels instead of 350 USD excl. BF at sheraton.com.... I mean then it's worth!!

In case of the cancelations: I also needed to ask for my refund via their message center. I got email that refund has been arranged now and 2 days later I could see the money on my CC online-balance as a credit :-)

But I admitt: not really professionally managed website!

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

A few minutes ago I received a message from the hotel that they found a reservation under my name made by Tourico Holidays. So it seems that everything is O.K. by now.

Hopefully the problems with the refunds of my cancellations are resolved as quickly as this problem.

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

After more than a month and several e-mails I still got no refunds at all. They reply at my complaints with automatic messages. It's realy terrible doing business with these guys. Other sites like Otel are refunding within 2 days. Why does it take so much time with Bookinhotels? Today I filled in al the paperwork for the creditcard chargeback. Hopefully the refund the payments I made. I will NEVER do business with Bookinhotels again!!

CeesTT