We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

vancouver
4 posts
Save Topic
fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

Please be advised that both websites are the same fraudulent travel websites.

Based on other's comments and own experience these websites are fraudulent ie.

1. The customer service phone numbers do not work

2. The companies have domain names registered in Holland and Turkey and credit card payments are processed in Istanbul

3. Others that have booked with them report that when they arrive at destination the hotel is unable to confirm a reservation was made even though the websites have charged their credit cards

4. Others report that the companies will debit your credit card multiple times

5. Although the website states you can cancel reservation it is unlikely you will ever get reimbursed.

CONCLUSION. FRAUDULENT TRAVEL WEBSITE. BEWARE!

NB. At present it appears that authorities do no care about protecting consumers given there is currently no listing of known fraudulent websites like there is for viruses,worms,email scams etc.

Caveat emptor Buyer Beware is the best there is currently.

PS. It is important that those who experience fraud report it to the following agencies to reduce the ever increasing amount of cyber crime. www.ic3.gov and www.phonebusters.com in the hope that one day they will post a consumer website listing known frauduluent websites to help protect the unsuspecting public.

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
476 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
130 reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

After all the problems with two cancellations there was left only only reservation with Bookinhotels for our hotel in Singapore. We double checked the reservation and everything seemed to bee O.K. before we left. Everything went fine at the hotel. Our room was paid and we had no problems at all. So we would agree with Joe1968, only use this website when you are 100% sure you never will cancel your booking again.

CeesTT

Ulm, Germany
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
463 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

@CeesTT: yes and if you want to save 50% of official rates without the surprise hotels at priceline and hotwire :-)

uk
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

I recently booked what I thought was a great deal with bookinhotels.com for Le Meridien Paris, whenI arrived I was told it had been canelled a few days earlier...I was stranded in Paris and had to pay again. THe hoel manager obviously felt sorry for me and contacted them and managed to get a name and email address. Lo and behold I got a refund! NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY.....it is definately a scam... I was lucky to get my money back...trip advisor should NOT be showing a link on their page to this company.

Ulm, Germany
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
463 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

I also noticed that some Asian booking sites seem to be affected by financial crisis like wired-destinations or asiativ.com who I used several times with very good rates. Now the site shows "under maintanance" or only the hotel but no link to book....???

the last experience with LeMeridien seens to be again a very bad example.

Did you call or email the hotel 2 days before arrival as I recommend? How much more expensive was it at otel.com (seem to be more reliable)

uk
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

yes I e mailed the hotel direct to tell them of my arrival dates and room request. When I got to the check in they showed me all their paperwork including my e mail. At first they promised to honour my contract as they had all the paperwork, then when I got to my room the manager phoned to say sorry he couldn't honour the contract but could offer me 165 euro per night (45 per night more)I couldn't afford this and checked out the next morning, got a great deal at the Marriott so the trip had a happy ending:)

Ulm, Germany
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
463 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

interesting why hotels can accpet the low prices of GTA, hotelbeds, Kuoni etc which bookinhotels the offers with low profit (estimation 5-10% added) but in case of abovious mistake of these guys the hotel can't offer such a rate as exception anymore?

At least with 4*-5* Le Meridien you could see that they take care on your issue - however you'd have had to pay twice at Bookinhotels plus the hotel....

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

Organisations like Bookinhotels normally never book under their own name because they buy rooms from other company's which already booked the rooms. So as in our cases the hotels had never heard of Bookinhotels, they only received my name and details a few days in advance. Did you already received your refund? In our case they promissed 10 times to give a refund but they never did.

When you use Bookinhotels you better do this only a few eeeks in advance so you can ask for a refund from your creditcardcompany when anything happens. But the next time I would prefer to pay some more for a better organisation.

CeesTT

uk
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

see my post with e mail address and bombard them with e mails

Wakefield
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

Thank you for your advice as I have also lost money thru this website. I have reported it to www.ic3.gov

July 2009

London
Level Contributor
1 post
85 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

Just got caught as well - bookinhotels is a dodgy website - do not use it, it is a SCAM.

Having booked 2 months ago, I just received an email cancelling my bookings and informing me I should get the refund within 2 months or so!! I am supoosed to travel to Italy in 3 days!!! how sick is that??

I have tried to contact them but the UK phone number gets diverted to Turkey, where nobody picks up.

We will try to get a charge back from our credit card company or see if our insurance covers that type of fraud!

please beware!!!!