We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

vancouver
4 posts
Save Topic
fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

Please be advised that both websites are the same fraudulent travel websites.

Based on other's comments and own experience these websites are fraudulent ie.

1. The customer service phone numbers do not work

2. The companies have domain names registered in Holland and Turkey and credit card payments are processed in Istanbul

3. Others that have booked with them report that when they arrive at destination the hotel is unable to confirm a reservation was made even though the websites have charged their credit cards

4. Others report that the companies will debit your credit card multiple times

5. Although the website states you can cancel reservation it is unlikely you will ever get reimbursed.

CONCLUSION. FRAUDULENT TRAVEL WEBSITE. BEWARE!

NB. At present it appears that authorities do no care about protecting consumers given there is currently no listing of known fraudulent websites like there is for viruses,worms,email scams etc.

Caveat emptor Buyer Beware is the best there is currently.

PS. It is important that those who experience fraud report it to the following agencies to reduce the ever increasing amount of cyber crime. www.ic3.gov and www.phonebusters.com in the hope that one day they will post a consumer website listing known frauduluent websites to help protect the unsuspecting public.

Trondheim
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

I just got swindled by Book In Hotels. Thought I got a bargain at NH hotels in Nice. Ordered, paid for and received a prepaid voucher. When arriving at the hotel I was told that the order was canceled by Kuoni Travel the room broker used by Book In Hotels. The reason Book In Hotel didn't send my payment. According to both NH hotels and Kuoni, the problem is mine. I had to put up my credit card again, this time for twice the original amount. The crooks are, of course, Book In Hotels, but both NH hotels and Kuoni share responsibility!! I will be filing fraud claims with Visa and hope to get the first payment back. My vacation was ruined. By the way I blame Google too. My search for the hotel hit very very high, meaning Google most likely got paid for promoting Book In Hotels site

Ulm, Germany
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
462 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

Seems that bookinhotels.com is really in deep financial crisis.

Also other Asian sites seem to have similar problems:

wired-destinations.com, asiativ.com are down for weeks now!!!

Who is next??

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

I realy do'nt understand why creditcard companys are still working with these guys. This will cost them a lot of money because they have to pay back most of the customers because of their chargeback procedures. This goes on for more than half a year or more. They should stop dealing with Bookinhotels to protect their own customers for a ripp-off. At the end we all have to pay for the bad behavior of company's like Bookinhotels because the costs for our creditcard will rise.

CeesTT

uk
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

Trip advisor also have a link to bookinhotels on their page!! this is the first site we usually go to when planning a trip and it gets millions of hits so I hope people see the posts here before being scammed by them

Ulm, Germany
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
462 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

note that the links shown in Tripadvisor for price comparison depend on your internet provider resp. country you are logged in.

There are different sites shown e.g. logged in Germany with German provider or in Germany logged in with Finnish provider (company internet)

Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
66. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

Following recent dealings with this so called hotel reservation website, I am of the opinion that it is indeed acting fraudulently. I booked a room in April 2009. I arrived at my destination in July to find the room had been cancelled since May 2009, Further enquiries as to who had cancelled without notifying me revealed that Gullivers UK had cancelled as they had received no payment. The upshot was that I had to repay the hotel at much higher rates.I spent the whole of the first day of my holiday contacting customer services, cut off many times before I had a chance to relay my problem. Eventually I was told that a manager would contact me. Needless to say I am still waiting. I was also told my credit card had been refunded, this has not happened either. Spent another two days this week trying to make contact,continuously rings out, replies then cuts off, a total nightmare. When I did eventually make contact, again told that a refund was made two days previously and to wait another ten days. Could not get the name of the person, ext. number etc. Am now living in hope! It seems to me that this company is using clients money for activities other than hotel reservations and should be pulled of the internet.

Extremely angry!!

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

The best you can do is to complain at your creditcard company and ask them for a chargeback. We did the same and with succes. Bookinhotels will never pay you back anymore.

CeesTT

Berkshire
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
68. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

For your information and saftey NEVER book a holiday with a company that is not ABAT and ATOL protected!!!

If they are not part of ABTA then they ar ot registered as travel agents!!!

ALWAYS CHECK

J x

Ulm, Germany
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
462 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

good point "Jessibates"...

so far I never thought about the possibility that I pay as customer to third party company who doesn't even deal directly with hotel.

BTW: what about car rental brokers? Could be same as the chain works like that:

Car rental at destination <- broker at destination <- broker at customer's home <- customer's travel agencies/web portal.

Customer pays at travel agency, they pay the broker1, broker1 pays broker2, broker2 pays local rental company....

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: fraudulent websites. cheaphotelsresorts.com and bookinhotels

I've also recently had a very very bad experience with this company. I had booked a hotel for a weekend away in July to Dublin to attend the U2 concerts (the booking was made in March) and 3 weeks before the trip I recieved an email saying my reservation was cancelled which I did not request. I was furious because I knew that I would not be able to get a booking in the city centre as 240,000 people were expected to arrive in Dublin that weekend. I contacted the hotel and they told me that the cancellation was actually made in May and the room was now not available. I spoke with several members of staff at Bookin Hotels without any success as they are completely useless. I spoke with the manager(who was just as bad) several times who could not provide me with an explanation as to why my booking was cancelled. I did manage to get a refund but I was caused a great deal of unneccessary stress and inconvience. I did manage to get a booking at the original hotel as they put me on a cancellation list and they were cheaper than what I had paid Bookin Hotels. DO NOT use this company or else the chances are they will ruin your trip.