We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question re: Epcot

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Question re: Epcot

Good Morning! We leave for Florida on Sunday and have decided to also include Epcot in our visit (we weren't going to at first because it seemed sort of boring but I really do want to see the World Showcase)! We are only going to spend an evening there.

My quesiton is -- is there anything that is a MUST DO in Epcot (I know my sister in law mentioned 'Soarin' but I was wondering if there is anything else that anyone would recommend -- I am traveling with my husband and 7 year old son.

Thanks!

Tunbridge Wells
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question re: Epcot

test track is really good fun.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question re: Epcot

Hi!.

Here are my favourite attractions at Epcot:

1. Soarin'

2. Test Track

3. Mission:Space (Remember is an intense version with spinning and a less intense version without the spinning. Try the less intense ride first)

4. The living seas with Nemo and friends

5. Living with the land

6. Ellen's energy adventure

7. Turtle talk with Crush

8. Maelstrom

There's loads to do!. Hope you both have a great time!.

Harleysville...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question re: Epcot

I agree w/previous poster - TEST TRACK! We hit that ride first on every visit. It's one of my teenage daughters favorite rides and my 5 year old son, has been on it the past 2 years.

Also, some of the countries in World Showcase have rides that are ok - boat ride in Norway and Mexico. We go on these each visit, not because their thrilling or exciting, but just because. They are a little corny/cheesy, but it's just one of those Disney things we do!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question re: Epcot

Thank you so much! I am definitely going to make note of all of the rides you mentioned (incluidng the boat rides) -- One more question, we tried to get reseravations at the Coral Reef but did it too late so we made reservations at San Angel (Mexican Restaurant) -- Do you think we should go out to eat or should we just sample food from each country????

Cheshire,UK
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Question re: Epcot

Pick up a show schedule on the way in as each "world" has different shows throughout the day. The acrobats in China are well worth seeing if you can manage it, also don't forget to stay for Illuminations.

Cheshire,UK
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Question re: Epcot

By the way - If you are only going for the evening then I'll doubt you get on Soarin unless you are prepared to wait a long time - fastpasses generally run out early in the day and I don't think any ride is worth queueing over an hour for.

London, United...
Level Contributor
566 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question re: Epcot

spend a day there believe me you wont regret it, test track is the best and although the mexican restaurant is fab you should sample food from each country, especially the churros in mexico! as above, so many great attractions, and the illuminations are amazing :-) Enjoy your stay!

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question re: Epcot

Wow! One evening to do Epcot!! I agree with the previous poster who said you should spend all day; why not try one morning, and, if you like it, make it all day? Truthfully, it's difficult, if not impossible to see everything at Epcot in an entire day. If I had to do it in half a day:

Future World:

Spaceship Earth

Soarin'

The Seas, including Turtle Talk with Crush

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience

Club Cool, or the Cool Spot, or whatever it's called this year; the Coke shop where you can taste test different sodas from around the world...for free!

World Showcase:

The American Adventure, and the pre-show, the Voices of Liberty

Mexico, including the boat ride

The British Invasion, a Beatles-like quartet who do several shows daily in the UK

At the very least, a walk by the other countries, stopping to browse through any that particularly caught my eye.

Also, you'll be going during Epcot's International Flower and Garden Festival, with special events and activities every day. There will be a Mother's Day brunch on Sunday. (Reservations recommended) There are daily release of ladybugs at 1:00 and 3:00. And Davy Jones, (be still, my heart!) of the Monkees, will be performing at the American Gardens Theater May 11 - 15! Admission is free to all Epcot guests. I was lucky enough to be there two years ago while he was performing, and I've never seen a theater fill up so fast! Thankfully, it's an outdoor venue, so I was still able to watch and thoroughly enjoy the show from the sidelines! It was GREAT!

As for your reservation at the San Angel Inn - I think that is THE most romantic restaurant in all of the parks! I've never eaten there, because my husband can't stand Mexican food, but I would love the opportunity. If you decide to make Epcot an all day thing, please do sample foods from other countries.

Have a wonderful trip!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question re: Epcot

People seem to either love or hate Epcot, It's my fav. Disney park and there is a lot to see. Test track, Mission space and Soarin' seem to be the most popular rides but there are a lot of softer rides and attractions ( see the list on a previous post). You could easily spend a full day there and I think you will do it an injustice by only allowing an evening to see it all.

Harleysville...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question re: Epcot

We are also a big fan of San Angel Inn - we eat dinner there on every trip! There is also a counter service restaurant in Mexcio - outside on the lake! Very nice, as well.