We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are shuttles from non-Disney hotels relaible?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Are shuttles from non-Disney hotels relaible?

I'm looking into accomodation options (family of 4) and finding the Disney properties quite expensive as we want a suite or connecting rooms. So I'm venturing into the area of non-Disney hotels, which is confusing. Some say they have shuttles, some shuttles do not seem to go all the way to parks, just to Ticket Centre, some say they use "Mears" transport.

So what is the story with these? Can any non-disney property be relied upon to get you to the theme parks without too long a trip or waiting too long or stopping at other hotels anlong the way? We are only planning to visit the Disney parks, not Universal etc.

Thanks.

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are shuttles from non-Disney hotels relaible?

You will have to inquire of the specific hotel on this matter. There should be someone who can adequately and very specifically answer your question to your specific satisfaction. For instance, they should know the schedule of the pickup from their hotel, as well as how many hotels this shuttle will visit, as well as the approx. time this shuttle will reach the transportation and ticket center at WDW. They may however opt to simply give you a list of the available options and you might be able to contact these operators individually. Some might have a web address.

Finally, you must also be aware that schedules can always change, hotels might be added to the list etc. etc.

Disney charges more for their on site hotels, because they include all of these features everyone takes for granted, but are extra charges from other locations.

Hope your stay here is pleasant, most rewarding and the weather coops.

south wales
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are shuttles from non-Disney hotels relaible?

If you stay on Internatioal drive you can get to and from all parks using local buses. We use the hotel shuttle to go to whichever park we are visiting that day then use the local bus (Lynx no.50)to come back from the Disney parks. Seaworld is on the I-Ride route and we use taxis from Universal which is only about $10

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,934 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are shuttles from non-Disney hotels relaible?

I do know my brother just did a few days in Orlando in a non disney hotel, I did not warn them to not take the shuttle since I knew they would have a car. Day one they used the shuttle it took forever, they stopped at a few parks before arriving at Universal. They left probably earlier then they wanted because if not they would of been stuck there until later then they would want to be. Hours between pick up and drop off. The second day they took their car.

I looked while in disney and I would not see many shuttles at the drop point for non disney shuttles at any time, unlike disney shuttles. I did see a lot of downtown disney hotel shuttle buses (these are the hotels on disney property but not disney hotels).

If not staying inside disney, try a downtown disney hotel property. Just my opinion.

4. Re: Are shuttles from non-Disney hotels relaible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 01:19