We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommending an Airboat ride

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
662 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Recommending an Airboat ride

For anyone wanting to do an airboat ride....

Just wanted to recommend an airboat company, we went on a ride last year, it was only 1/2 hour long and we did not see one gator - it was very rushed.

However this year we went to Cypress Lake (under an hours drive along the highway 192).

The airboat had stadium style seating so everyone had a good view and we went out for an hour, we saw millions of Gators, Bald Eagles and all kinda critters!

Really got the impression that the guy was not going to take us back until we had seen a gator!

Could not fault it! Good value for money.

england
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommending an Airboat ride

What time of the day did you go. Presume this would affect what you see.

We did the boggy creek airboat and was not really impressed and saw no gators.

Basingstoke
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommending an Airboat ride

Please could you tell me the name of the company so I can check out if their is a website as we want to do an airboat ride. We were considering Boggy Creek but if this one is better we might have a rethink.

Cheers Ady

Tampa FL
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommending an Airboat ride

May I reccomend:

http://www.myakkariver.org/

It is a state park. Only $5.00 entrance fee. Click on the "Things to do" link. A few extra dollars for the airboat and tram.

This is definitley NOT a theme park. Lots of gators. Keep your hands inside the boat!

This is defintely for those with a car. It is not your typical tourist destination.

Joe

Tampa FL

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
662 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommending an Airboat ride

Hi, I asked what time was the best time to go out - they replyed when the day had warmed up, i.e 2pm ish - which makes sense. But we went ahead and booked the 1st boat of the day which was 10am

(we thought that if we were the 1st boat out the animals would not have been frightened away.....and this paid off..)

Cannot remember the name of the company, but fairly sure they they where just called Cypress Lake Airboat Tours - there leaflets can be found in most hotels and resturants/tourist info spots.

Basingstoke
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommending an Airboat ride

Just googled cypress lake airboat tours and it came up with Osprey Eco Tours. Does this sound familier.Lasts an hour and they take you round all the swampy parts of lake and not just the main bit.

6. Re: Recommending an Airboat ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 03:16