We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backstage at believe

London
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Backstage at believe

HI im just booked this up for my fiancee has anyone done it? was it good? what acual is involved Thanks

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Backstage at believe

I did this last week with the family to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Its a special restaurant set up on the side of the training pool, tables are all along the side so most of them get a good view of the pool. Drinks are included and a buffet that is all you can eat, the food was nice, mixture of salads, hot food, kids, sweets etc. You have about 1hr to eat maybe a bit longer. The whales swim in the pool and they show a video on a large screen at the other side of the pool. Beware though sometimes the whales do squirt or splash a bit. You get a little wooden whale tail necklace as a gift from shamu. They then take you over to the arena to watch the show. The seats are reserved in the middle of the stadium out of the splash zone.

It was worth every penny for us, we all enjoyed it.

New York
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Backstage at believe

Hi- we were interested in doing this dinner this summer-we did dine with Shamu which we really enjoyed-I like the idea that you get a reserved seat at the show-we always end up way up high in the stadium! My one question is, what time normally is this, I'm assuming it's a dinner buffet-what time did you go-I know it will vary a bit depending on the time of year-thanks!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Backstage at believe

We did this last week. I enjoyed this more than Dine With Shamu. Same food, but more relaxed. Seats for the show were good too, especially when the staduim was full, and people were turned away.

We went at 11.15 for an 11.30 start. Ate until 12.25, then took our reserved seats. Veggie food wasn't that great, but my husband enjoyed the free beer!

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Backstage at believe

There is two sittings but when I booked i could only book the first sitting so I dont know if they wait until the first is full before opening the second. First sitting is 11.15am for a 11.30 start. I never felt rushed at all. We ate until 12.30 before heading off for the 1pm show. Seats for the show are in the second tier but central so you do get a good view (Out of the splash zone). And the waiter brought my hubby another beer before we left to take to the show with him (Which he appreciated).

The only thing that I thought was missing was ice cream...there was none not even for the kids, it was all cakes, cookies and sweets/candy which since my son has an egg allergy was not very helpful..he was only left with a bowl of jelly (Jello) to eat.

Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
252 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Backstage at believe

Hi Travel bug how much was this and how far in advance did you book?

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Backstage at believe

It cost $9.95 for kids under 10 and $19.95 for adults..which is really reasonable for what we got..£5 for kids and £10 for adults you dont expect a great deal but it was better than expected. I booked it a couple of weeks before we went. Can book online at seaworld.com or there is a english site but the web address escapes me at the moment. You can book it up to about three days in advance online and on the day at the park.

I would recomend it as it is almost as cheap as eating from the counter service in the park..their kids meals were either $7 or $8 cant remember which and adults were about $10 this was nicer by far.

Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
252 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Backstage at believe

Thanks Travel bug

8. Re: Backstage at believe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 19:17