We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dine with Shamu

plymouth
Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dine with Shamu

Has anyone done this? is it worth it?

New York
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dine with Shamu

We did it 2 years ago and really enjoyed it-food is good, Shamu swims around a bit-when we went I thought the trainers would talk more, but they really don't-it's basically being very close to shamu-they have him come pretty close to you-you eat around a semi-circle right next to the pool-anyway, I thought it was well worth it. I figured it this way, you probably would spend almost the same at a decent restaurant, and this is a different experience!

New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dine with Shamu

I agree. Did it a few years ago and plan to do it again in August.

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dine with Shamu

We have done this and it is on the cards for our next visit.

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teens and we all loved it.

Nice selection of food and drink (including beer) and great photo opps with the whale.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dine with Shamu

Was thinking of booking this for next month (if its not too late) can anyone recommend the best website to book it through - have seen it for $32 and $39 each?

wales
Level Contributor
285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dine with Shamu

I typed in 'dinner with shamu' on u tube and it came up with some good videos so you can get an idea what it is like. I booked it on the seaworld web site when i booked my entrance tickets.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dine with Shamu

I booked this year via sea world and payed 39 $...

As the others said, WELL worse it!

Whenwe were there, they did some tricks withthe whales and then the trainers were around for almost 25 minutes... a lot of talk!

(and they are sooo nice even if they hear "you have the best job in the world..." for the 300th time this day :-)))

Talked to Amber for a while and she was really friendly and nice!

7. Re: Dine with Shamu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 21:16