We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typhoon lagoon vs Blizzard beach

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Typhoon lagoon vs Blizzard beach

Hi we have 1day for one of the water parks so was woundering which one everyone would suggest to do We have no kids and not to keen on big rides thanks

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
316 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs Blizzard beach

I think this is a personal opinion, I like Typhoon Lagoon better, the atmosphere is more tropical and with the heat is more at home with Orlando, Blizzard Beach is also good but do not like to hear Christmas songs etc on my summer holidays but still a good park.

Alexandria, LA
Level Contributor
134 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs Blizzard beach

I also like Typhoon Lagoon the best. The water rides are fun and I love the beach by the wave pool.

Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs Blizzard beach

I like Typhoon Lagoon much better ,Blizzard Beach was more for the adventureous person which I'm not and barely can swim.

The kids liked TL better everyone voted and they hated BB they even said they liked Wet N Wild better which was surprising.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs Blizzard beach

For me there is nothing between them, however as you say, you're not too keen on big rides, then TL would be the way to go for you.

You will love Crush n Gusher.

Danny

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs Blizzard beach

Depends what you want, more sun beds and shady spots at BB. The shallow beach area is great at tl loved the tsunarmi waves. Both have a lazy river, both have a beach type area. the slides are cool at bb, mixture of fast & slow. I prefered the beach at TL but really liked the rest at BB. Best to look at the maps online and see whats there what you like

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,735 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs Blizzard beach

Here's another vote for Typhoon Lagoon.

I think it's better overall, but if you like the really tall and fast waterslides, Blizzard Beach is the one.

London, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs Blizzard beach

There's definitely a couple of big drops at Blizzard, but the tobogannon (sp. sorry) was superb, must have had 20 goes on it, and not so much of a huge drop! One thing I didn't do in a recent stay was visit Acquatica and kind of wish I'd tried that. I'd be interested how those in the know see that measuring up against the Disney parks.

orlando, florida
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs Blizzard beach

i prefer blizzard beach, but like others have said if you're not good on big or fast slides, you'll probably have more to do at TL.

florida
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs Blizzard beach

sea world has a brand new one that is worth checking out.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs Blizzard beach

Between BB and TL we have only been to Blizzards Beach and LOVED it! The reason we didn't go to Typhoon Lagoon (which I wish we would have now and want to next time) is because my brother and family that we went with, who has been to Disneyworld before, liked BB much better than TL. I plan/hope to do both next time.