We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World center Marriott or JW Marriott grand lakes

florida
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
World center Marriott or JW Marriott grand lakes

I can get either one of these hotels at a great price. We are traveling with two kids 5 and 9. I know the world marriott has a water slide and Jw has a lazy river. Can anyone tell me what hotel they recommend? We have stayed at the world center marriott without the kids but wonder if the Jw is even nicer. Thank you for you help.

SeaWorld® Orlando Ticket
66 Reviews
from US$91.99*
Special Offer
Aquatica Orlando SeaWorld Water Park...
10 Reviews
from US$56.99*
US$63.89
Disney World, Universal Studios, or...
39 Reviews
from US$900.00*
I-RIDE Trolley Unlimited Ride Pass
143 Reviews
from US$11.99*
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: World center Marriott or JW Marriott grand lakes

I haven't been to the World Center Marriott, but I've been to the JW Marriott on business, and managed to make a little time for their pool. The JW Marriott is a very nice and attractive hotel - with an elegant lobby and pretty grounds. The pool is good - the lazy river is not very long, but it is fun. The breakfast restaurant was pretty and did nice breakfasts. I had a room facing over the pool and the lake in front (the others face the parking lot)and driveway) and the views from my balcony at night were pretty- I could even see some very, very far-off fireworks from one of the parks. Because it's connected to the Ritz Carleton, the grounds are fairly spacious, and the spa in between the two hotels looked very nice. I wasn't paying attention to what there was to do for kids, and because I went when they first opened, not everything was up and running, so I can't help much with that. I thought my room was a little bit small (it was a king-bed room), but OK. The JW Marriott was very close to SeaWorld.

I much prefer staying on-site a Disney, but if you are going off-property anyway, I would recommend the JW Marriott - it's really very nice. I liked it much better than the Ritz next door.

Mentioned in this post
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,252 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando World Center Marriott
Orlando World Center...
5,609 Reviews
Orlando, FL
2. Re: World center Marriott or JW Marriott grand lakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 12:20