We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

package or seperates?

england
Level Contributor
570 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
package or seperates?

id like to go back to florida,10 years ago was the last time i went.what i would like to know is,am i better booking package or seperates?i live in the north east so newcastle,teeside,or even manchester would be ok for me.does anyone know what airlines fly from these airports?also id like 2 bedroomed suite if possible on international drive as i wont be hiring a car and intend to use the trolley and transfer busses,i.d be gratefull for any answers and tips thanks,p.s me hubby and 11yr old niece will be going

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: package or seperates?

Depends on your comfort level and the kinds of deals that are out there. Because of the research I had done I could get a better deal booking everything separately, but I'm looking at a trip next year that I might do better with a package. I'd start getting price quotes from a few companies and see what is included and what will work best for you. Sometimes a little research is necessary, but in the long run it IS worth it!!!

England
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: package or seperates?

For my family it is seperates.

I get to stay exactly where I want when I want, fly with who I want when I want, and also save lots of money.

For me it's a no brainer and I also love the aspect of putting it all together and reaserching my options.

The big winner has to be the savings you can incur.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: package or seperates?

Hi budapesttont,

We've just booked our florida trip for next year - september 2009 - 2 weeks - Pop Century Hotel - £761 each - there are 4 of us going

I like being on the Disney complex, and the taxis are reasonable everywhere too I think!!

Hope this helps!

:0) Mango

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,059 posts
2,000 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: package or seperates?

I used an online travel agent, but it was a seperate package in terms of flight, accomodation and hire car. It was much cheaper than a Virgin package that i was looking into.

I use a travel agent, as sometimes its useful to get advice if you have a good travel agent and I am one of these people who if booked by myself arrive to Orlando and find out that I booked the hotel for tomorrow!!

cumbria
Level Contributor
784 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: package or seperates?

hi prestontraveller,I was just about to book a package with virgin so would be interested to compare. Which travel agent did you find a cheaper package?

Cheshire,UK
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: package or seperates?

This really depends on when you plan to go and how flexible you can be with the dates.

Personally we are very limited as to when we can go since I won't take the kids out of school and there is no way i could stand the humidity of July/August. I always check the prices for both seperates and packages and so far the packages have won each time. If you can be more flexible with the dates then you may well get better prices booking things seperately. Virgin and BA are the main airlines to look at, you can also get flights with Thomas Cook, XL and First Choice (probably others too but not sure who else flys direct) but these tend to be cheaper when bought as part of a package.

plymouth
Level Contributor
68 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: package or seperates?

Hi we flew out for 2 weeks on 31st May and just got back. we paid £1000 for the 2 weeks villa, 6 bed, own pool etc. and the flights and a 15 seater minibus come to £450 each. 10 mins from disney. had a fantastic time, would not doo it any other way

england
Level Contributor
570 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: package or seperates?

thanks you all for your answers,im going to start with airlines and see what flight only is,last time i stayed quality inn international on i.drive which was ok so something along those lines would be ok,also holiday inn express is that still there?it was ten years ago i went.also xl airlines?web address?

plymouth
Level Contributor
68 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: package or seperates?

We went with Travel City Direct and XL airways belongs to them so try TCD website

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
92 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: package or seperates?

I know it sounds daft but I'm from the North East to and we travel out of Scottish airports during the summer holidays as Scotland don't have the same ones as us and its therefore less expensive than the North East Airports.

We've booked separates before but never stayed on I Drive as I find it too much like the parks - crowded. We've stayed in villas most of our trips so as to have peace and quiet - you need it after the parks.

Hope this helps.