We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boardwalk view at the Swan, nice???

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
654 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Boardwalk view at the Swan, nice???

I just called to confirm my res for Saturday and was told I had a boardwalk view studio suite. Will I also be able to see fireworks??

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,491 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boardwalk view at the Swan, nice???

Possibly, although from a distance.

The problem is that Epcot's Illuminations show has only a very few fireworks, as most of the show takes place on the lagoon surface. Even if you have a few, you won't really see much.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boardwalk view at the Swan, nice???

You will most likely be able to see many of the Epcot fireworks, depending on how high your room is. (The view from some lower floor rooms can be blocked by palm trees and the Boardwalk itself - although that may not be an issue from those corner suites, even at lower floors.) I often get a room at the Dolphin with a view of the Epcot fireworks, and you can see all of the high fireworks, and some of the lower fireworks, too. You can't see the whole Illuminations show from there, but you can see the higher fireworks - sometimes better than from inside Epcot itself. If your room is on the first two or three floors and you find your view blocked, you can simply go outside and watch them from the bridge leading to the Yacht Club, which has a clear view.

I'm very jealous - those studio suites have four windows, with great views. Enjoy your trip!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boardwalk view at the Swan, nice???

For the other part of your questions - even if your room isn't high enough to have a view of the fireworks, you will still surely have nice views, both in the daytime and at night. You should be able to see the Disney boats coming and going, have a great view of the Dolphin, lots of palm trees and water, and some of the Boardwalk. If your room is on a higher floor (I think they only go up about 6 or 8 floors on that wing), your view will be even better - I won't spoil it by trying to describe it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boardwalk view at the Swan, nice???

I love this area. You will have a great time.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
654 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boardwalk view at the Swan, nice???

Thanks all. I will report back after the trip.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
654 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boardwalk view at the Swan, nice???

I got here lastnight and we are on the 9th floor in the east tower. We had a great view of the epcot fireworks from this height. We really like this room

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
379 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boardwalk view at the Swan, nice???

Floor level is definetly the key. First 4 floors- view is of trees- and nothing else-we were very dissapointed- "lucky us" they decided to renovate the room next to us so we got moved to 6th floor- I'd rather have the resort view (dolphin) than Epcot/Boarwalk view from one of the lower floors.

Also,I'm not sure you'll see the fireworks with the Boarwalk view. Either way,make sure you ask about construction( we just returned)and post your findings after you return.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boardwalk view at the Swan, nice???

goldbergd:

You are indeed very lucky. I am happy for you (and extremely jealous). I've never had that particular room, but I know the hotel well enough to know that you have one of the best views on Disney property. Enjoy!!!

9. Re: Boardwalk view at the Swan, nice???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 00:17