We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

orlando end of august

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lancashire
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
orlando end of august

can anyone advise me on weather and crowds during last 2 weeks of august? Are the American kids back at school then?

England
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: orlando end of august

As far as crowds go, the US kids will have gone back to school around the 18th August, it will then be a bit quieter however you will then have the Labor Day weekend of the 30th Aug,31st Aug, 1st Sept which will make the parks very busy so plan on an early start for these days.

The weather will be very hot and humid this time of the year, the temps wont drop much below 75 deg at night and added with the humidity this will feel 85 deg.

The days will dawn bright and clear and hot from the moment you are up, then throughout the day the clouds will build up and culminate in an afternoon storm, which will last possibly only 30 mins, after this the air will clear up and return back to a sunny fresh evening. This isn't always the case but it follows the normal tropical rule of thumb.

However don't confuse "it will rain every day" with the British rain every day, in Florida when it's not raining its sunny rather than battleship grey here in blighty.

Have a great holiday.

Roll on 20th Aug for me ..........yeeehaaaaaw

Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
252 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: orlando end of august

me yoo tigerdaly we are flying from manchester 20th aug

lancashire
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: orlando end of august

Thanks so much for you quick and detailed reply.Very usefull !

Enjoy your holiday !

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: orlando end of august

We are off on the 14th, so the first few days will be busier then i assume - fly home the 28th so will miss the manic weekend of 30th august too!

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: orlando end of august

It will be quieter than in the middle of the summer the times that you will be coming. All the Southern kids will be back at school, but the people from up North, for example from New York, will still be on vacation. They dont go back until after Labor Day.

It wont be bad. Utilize the Fast pass at the Disney parks. If you dont know about it yet, when you get to the individual rides, there is an area by each one, that you could get a fast pass for that ride. This tells you when to come back to that ride and not have to wait on a long line. It is a great time saver!!!

Weather is iffy. it will probably rain for about an hour a day- bring rain ponchos, but then the rest of the day will be hot and sunny.

Enjoy! You will have a great time!

wigan
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: orlando end of august

We usually travel to Orlando in Oct but have booked for 13th aug this year due to kids school holidays. Last year we asked Disney cast members, taxi drivers and locals when was the best time to visit during the summer. They all agreed the last two weeks in aug were quieter, so we settled for then.

BC, Canada
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: orlando end of august

We did the last 2 weeks of August last year, it was busy but not insanely busy. The weather was hot and humid and we had a big thunderstorm with torrential rain every day, although they only lasted for a couple of hours, usually in the evening. They did close the park one evening it was so bad, so don't forget to bring your ponchos.

Have a great trip

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: orlando end of august

I will be there at the end of August beginning of September so this news of fewer people and hot & humid weather is very welcome indeed.

Thanks

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: orlando end of august

As everyone has already indicated, the crowds will be hot and humid.

New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: orlando end of august

I always go the last week in August going into September. It will be hot and humid so make sure you drink plenty of liquids. NYC area kids don't go back to school until after Labor Day which may be September 8th.