We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Saratoga Springs and buses

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Question about Saratoga Springs and buses

Hi- We'll be at Saratoga Springs from a Sat-Tues, whilc there I think we're going to want to go to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. For those of you who have stayed there-do you think its quicker to drive to these parks (we'll have our rental car), or are the buses a better option from this resort to Magic Kingdom and AK? Thanks!

Harleysville...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Saratoga Springs and buses

We own at Saratoga Springs, so have stayed there the past 3 years. We never have a rental car, so always take the buses. Since it is the summertime, the resort & parks will be crowded (and so will the buses). We find using the Disney Transportation is alot easier than driving and parking - we did it once 5 years ago while staying off-site. Especially the MK - you need to park in the lot and then get to the Transportation and Ticket Center and then take the monorail to the park. The buses only take 15-20 minutes and you are dropped off right by the entrance to the parks. Keep in mind, there are 5 bus stops at Saratoga Springs, so it does take a few minutes to get around the resort.

At Saratoga Springs, we always request the Congress Park area of the resort - the bus stop is just a minute walk across the parking lot from most of the buildings. Plus it's a closer walk to Downtonw Disney if you want to head over there. The walk to the main pool, restarurant, gift shop is about 10 minutes.

Hope this helps....

-Beth

New York
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Saratoga Springs and buses

Thanks so much Beth! I had forgotten that when you park I had heard then it's usually a bit of a hike to the main entrance of the parks. We'll just leave our car and take the buses (my husband will be thrilled he doesn't have to drive!). thanks again-we're looking forward to staying there this summer!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,082 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Saratoga Springs and buses

If you plan to hit the parks very early in the morning, you can get a very close parking spot in the parking lots and it might be quicker than the busses.

We always drive to the parks rather than wait on the busses (I'm so antsy in the mornings, I simply must get to the parks as fast as possible). We also go very early and get "front row parking" at most of the lots.

New York
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Saratoga Springs and buses

Hi Kat- What time do you suggest?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,082 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Saratoga Springs and buses

On EMH mornings, we get there about 7:15 AM or as soon as the parking lot gates open.

On non-EMH mornings, no later than 8:00 AM.

6. Re: Question about Saratoga Springs and buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 08:21