We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Five go mad in Florida! Our trip report days 11&12

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stafford
Level Contributor
175 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Five go mad in Florida! Our trip report days 11&12

Day 11

Bit of a mad day today! Animal Kingdom, second attempt, miles better. Park not half so crowded, so we headed for Everest and got fastpasses for an hour later. Went to Dinoland, got on Primeval whirl with only 10 minute wait, and did Triceratop Spin twice (no lines!!) Ollie even came on that with us, but refused a second go (no like din'saurs, waaah!'). Then Issie and I did Dinosaur (I was really scared, no, really!!) while Mike took Joe and Ollie to the Boneyard to play, they had a lot of fun. I came back and persuaded Mike to go on Dinosaur, Issie had a second go as Joe just wasn't up to thrill rides today. The wait was only 20 mins so off he went. We next headed to Everest - wow! Our favourite ride of the day, and second only to Kraken fave ride of the holiday. Again, Issie got to go on twice! She's turning into quite the thrill seeker.. We went to Flights of Wonder next and saw the bald eagle (another wow) and then onto the Nemo show, really well done. When we came out of that it was raining quite hard so we decided that we'd done everything we really wanted to do at the park and bid farewell to AK for the next few years.

Lunch, Bahama Breeze - thanks, guys for the recommendation, not somewhere we'd have gone otherwise but WONDERFUL!! Best meal of the holiay so far (and not just because of the mango mojito...)The Jamaican chicken with black bean sauce and the pineaple upside down cake, heaven!

P.M - mad that we are we decided to do Hollywood Studios for the evening and although it was still raining it soon cleared up. We were there in time for the last Playhouse Disney show which Ollie loved. And I was very proud of knowing all of the words to the 'Handy Manny' theme song. (other than Florida, I don't get out much). On to Toy Story Mania which was brill. Joe's Guest Assistance Pass helped us to avoid a two hour wait for the ride, and other than the Triceratops it was the only ride he actually wanted to do, so not having to wait meant he could access it with no anxiety. It was superb, much more fun than Spaceranger Spin, even Ollie loved it. Joe was so excited he was screaming and flapping all over the place! It's great to see him so happy. We managed the 'Little Mermaid' and The Great Movie Ride before Fantasmic, and even though we were advised it was 'standing room only' they managed to find seats for us. A fabulous show topped off a pretty fabulous day.

Day 12

After yesterday's excesses we took it easy, pool in the morning, Cheesecake factory for lunch. You lot weren't kidding about the portion size!! I am the size of a small condo now! But amazing food, I recommend the Jamaican Shrimp with mango salsa, v spicy but the most delicious thing I've had so far (I keep saying this, I know!) Only disappointing thing was that Mike's Jambalaya was cold - even after they brought it back from reheating - but they comped it, fair enough.

Premium outlets followed, then more pool whilst Mike had a wander around the Lake Buena Vista outlet mall - and locked the keys in the car!! Three hours on he is still trying to sort it out, and not a happy bunny. Maybe I shouldn't suggest more theme parks tomorrow...

pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Five go mad in Florida! Our trip report days 11&12

More Happy Memories, ahhhh

well maybe not the keys locked in the car part :(

Your Yummy Meals are making me want to raid the fridge now, thanks :)

PS of course you'll do more Theme ParKs tomorrow

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Five go mad in Florida! Our trip report days 11&12

Hi Tracey

see p.m

zoex

uk
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Five go mad in Florida! Our trip report days 11&12

Hi,

Just wanted to say I have really enjoyed reading your trip reports!!!

I am so glad that you are all having so much fun...

I agree with you the Dinosaur ride is scary!!!!! lol. The ride broke down when I was on it last time. It happened to just break down when I was at the end under the roaring dinosaur if I remember right. It went pitch black.

One of the best rides...

Stafford
Level Contributor
175 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Five go mad in Florida! Our trip report days 11&12

Mike got his keys sorted and several beers later we decided to do Blizzard Beach, off there in an hour, hurrah!

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
805 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Five go mad in Florida! Our trip report days 11&12

Hi

Just to let you know that I am going to be really sad when its time for you to come home as I am so enjoying your trip reports.

Diane

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Five go mad in Florida! Our trip report days 11&12

Agreed, your trip reports are a lot of fun to read :)

I can't wait to do the new Toy Story ride! I also don't get out much. When we do the Laugh Floor at the MK I know all the bad jokes before they give the punch lines...I think I annoy the people around me, but my Mom finds it HYSTERICAL. :D

Orlando
Level Contributor
463 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Five go mad in Florida! Our trip report days 11&12

What a fun trip report!!

You have the BEST attitude ever!

So glad you've had a good time and made the best of some pretty frustrating bumps!

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Five go mad in Florida! Our trip report days 11&12

Tracey I love love love your reports, gets me all excited every time i read one!! Can you just stay there and keep reporting ;)

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Five go mad in Florida! Our trip report days 11&12

Great reports - keep them coming! I need to keep reading reports as I'm not back 'till May next year!

Locking the keys in the car is one of my nightmares. How did he manage to retrieve them? I swear that next year I am going to Walmart and getting a spare key cut! He-who-must-be=fed can carry it as he is so perfect that HE will never make a mistake and lock the key inside the car!

Deaconblue

Stafford
Level Contributor
175 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Five go mad in Florida! Our trip report days 11&12

Deaconblue - hi, Mike managed to finally retrieve his keys by accessing the remote chip in the car via the car hire helpline - after a frustrating three hour wait for the 'car unlocking person' who never turned up, we got through to someone brill at Alamo who said 'we can do it from here because of the smart chip in your rental car!!' So if you're worried about locking keys in your car, check that your rental company has this facility. There was no fee either! Have a great holiday.