We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One for the girls - haircare tips for humid weather .....

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One for the girls - haircare tips for humid weather .....

I am visiting Orlando in August and i understand the humidity is likely to be very high.

I have medium length straight hair and hot humid weather always makes my hair go craazzyy !

does anyone have any tips / products etc that they can recommend (either UK/USA items) that might help ?

I have been on the look out for something like this for years but have yet to find anything that helps.

any advise welcome ....

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One for the girls - haircare tips for humid weather .....

Try Biosilk Silk Therapy.........my hair is naturally curly and soaks up moisture like crazy. I can straighten it and then go outside for 10 mins and it's curly again. Biosilk has really helped lock out the humidity. Here is the website....

http://www.biosilk.com/silk/

newcastle/durham
Level Contributor
469 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: One for the girls - haircare tips for humid weather .....

sounds like you have similar hair to me. last time i was in orlando i took pantene smooth and sleek shampoo and conditioner, which did counteract the frizz but possibly went too far in the opposite direction!! i just pull my hair back into a loose bun and pin my fringe into a small quiff, then try not to worry about it as everyone is in the same boat. i look rubbish without a fringe but i look even worse with a sweaty fringe that sticks to my forehead! everyone looks hot and bothered, and they all dress for comfort anyway, plus all the restaurants etc are very casual so i wouldnt let it bother you!

have you seen that episode of friends where they go to barbados and monicas hair goes insane? that is so me!

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,804 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One for the girls - haircare tips for humid weather .....

Your hair sounds like mine. The product I've always used has been discontinued! OH NO! Anyways...here's some tips that work for me... If you can, let your hair air dry for at least a half hour or more before drying it and get it as dry as possible before leaving for the day. The more moisture you have in your hair, the more likely it is to frizz.

The other tip is if your hair scrunches into curls, for-go drying it completely. I use Herbal Essences Hair Scrunching Stuff, you can get it anywhere in the states really (any drug store, WalMart, Publix, Ulta, etc.) I use the moose, then the gel, then I take hairspray to it. It's going to be a little crunchy, but even if it frizzes, it's not as bad. If you don't want it as "crunchy" just go without as much hairspray.

Wrexham, North Wales
Level Contributor
912 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One for the girls - haircare tips for humid weather .....

I'm with you on the Monica thing, whenever we go some where hot, my boyf insists on calling me Monica for the duration of our stay...... :(

When in Orlando I just opt for a pony-tail... i may look like a 12 yr, but better than frizzy hair...

:)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One for the girls - haircare tips for humid weather .....

Just looking at my photos and you kind of think "what does my hair look like?" but its so hot its very hard to keep a good style so pin it back and enjoy your holiday without worrying - I'm not into hats some people suit them so its worth a try

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One for the girls - haircare tips for humid weather .....

I'm opting up for putting my hair everyday - even at night! My hair just frizzes the minute i was out in really humid weather.

My daughter has wanted to have her hair cut into a bob, for a few months now, but is purposely waiting for us to come back from orlando, before having it cut off, so she can just put it up whilst we are there!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: One for the girls - haircare tips for humid weather .....

Thanks for all your responses Girls. its good to know i am not alone with my dilemma.

I did think about trying to go "curly" while i am there - might be easier than trying to keep it straight. Will try to buy the Herbal essences "scunching potion" when i am in the states and will give that a try.

Thanks for the tips about biosilk as well.

My hair is long enough for a pony tail so if all else fails I will go for that - maybe treat myself to some new hair slides/accessories etc.

Thanks again

midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One for the girls - haircare tips for humid weather .....

Mousse is useless in my hair. I get fuzzy & limp too in the humidity. We have humidity here.....I use Gel. Then leave it alone. If you run your hands through it later, it takes away the effect & it'll be fuzzy again.

pa
Level Contributor
53,804 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: One for the girls - haircare tips for humid weather .....

Just tie it back in a ponytail, really, you will understand after the first day. There's no point in wasting any time trying to make something look good when 2 minutes outside will undo it all :)

PS a hat to cover it all up works well also :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One for the girls - haircare tips for humid weather .....

My GHD Mark 4s work pretty good there.

I'm also gonna try the new John Frieda range for weather.