We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

funway holidays

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
funway holidays

been looking at some holidays on funway holidays website, the prices are quite competative, wondered if anyone else had used this company?

Sunderland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: funway holidays

we used Funway last year we got a really good deal on a villa and flights for 2 families. Only downside was we flew american airlines and unknown to us they overbook the flights. We left from Manchester with connecting flights from Chicago to Orlando. When we arrived at departures in Chicago we were told that 4 of us would have to take a later flight unless anybody was willing to take our places for which they were offering incentives such as travel vouchers. Eventually we were given seats but were separated which might not be a big deal but our 12 year old daughter was,nt happy sitting next to strangers for over two hours. The villa was fab and we had no problems on the return journey but I would be wary of travelling american airlines again. Dont know if this helps I would ask Funway about this before you book.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: funway holidays

We flew with them to Vegas a few years ago from London via New York (think with AA too) and they were absolutely fine.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: funway holidays

I think we were just unlucky as Ive heard plenty of good reports on American Airlines although overbooking seats is a common practice (so Ive been told)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,513 posts
1,682 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: funway holidays

Went with Funways to California, and yes very competitive on price.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
643 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: funway holidays

We flew with U S Airways last year & they split us up & lots of other people had been separated fm their kids - appalling, I wouldn't go with them again, especially as they also lost 3 out of the 4 suitcases we took! Very annoying.

warwick
Level Contributor
476 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: funway holidays

Hi, we went with Funways last year, flew with Virgin - no probs and a good deal, however this year Virgin beat them slightly on price.

pa
Level Contributor
53,897 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: funway holidays

bump for wifey1

8. Re: funway holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 11:20