We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Hotel

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Hotel

We fly into Orlando in Jan 2009 on our way to Sanibel and the Keys and thought we would stay in a Disney Hotel for a couple of night I want to take my husband to Epcot I dont think I can drag him anywhere else!!! We are in our 50s and like the quiet life but I loved the world show case and the fireworks at Epcot when I was there years ago. I have looked at the Beach Club as I remember eating there and it was very good but stayed at the place with the wheelwright dining area .I think it may have been altered over the last 18 years/Also is Venice on the gulf coast worth a nights stay Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,423 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Beach Club
Beach Club
249 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Hotel

Hi there!.

If you plan on visiting Epcot, I would definitely suggest a stay at either the Yacht club, beach club, Boardwalk, Swan or the Dolphin.

My partner and I stayed at the Swan hotel for a night last September and were really impressed with it.

It's within walking distance to both Epcot and the Hollywood Studios, but has a more relaxed feel than the beacht/yacht club.

The pool at the Swan hotel was so lovely and quiet.

It's definitely one to consider!.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,423 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Hotel

The Beach Club would be nice because you can walk to EPCOT. As far as Venice, my parents used to live there years ago. I don't know how much has changed, but the beach use to be great place to find shark teeth!

Mentioned in this post
Beach Club
Beach Club
249 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Epcot
Epcot
24,423 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,531 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Hotel

The Yatch & Beach Club at Disney would be an ideal place to stay for visiting Epcot as you can easily walk from there to the International Gateway entrance of the park, or take the shuttle boat.

Also, the Boardwalk Inn is in the same area, with the Boardwalk area adjacent to it. Again, an easy stroll over to Epcot or take the shuttle boat.

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_yc.htm

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_bc.htm

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_bw.htm

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,423 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Hotel

The Swan and Dolphin are excellent choices for adults, particularly those who - like your husband, don't think they really want to go to Disney. They don't have the Disney theming (and aren't run by Disney), but also have fewer children than other Disney resorts. The location - along with the others in the Ecpot resort area, like the Beach Club - is excellent, particularly for easy access to World Showcase, and to lots of good restauarants in walking distance. The pool is unlikely to be a big draw in January (although it's possible) - but again you will find far fewer children at their pools.

Mentioned in this post
Beach Club
Beach Club
249 Reviews
Orlando, FL
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Hotel

Thanks everyone for your advice x

6. Re: Disney Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 01:20