We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Country Inn Lake Buena Vista - Family Fun Suite

Florida
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Topic
Country Inn Lake Buena Vista - Family Fun Suite

We're looking for a "pet friendly" hotel near DTD to spend a couple nights. The location is important, because we're only going so we can visit the Comedy Warehouse & Adventurers Club before they close. I have found what seems like a great rate on this suite ($59/ night), but I can't find any recent reviews specific to the Family Suites. I'm hoping some of you have stayed in one of these suites lately & can provide a recent review. All opinions are welcome & appreciated.

PS: I was leaning toward the Sheraton Safari, but I'm not sure it's worth twice as much for a standard room. We've never stayed at either. What do you think?

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,074 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Country Inn Lake Buena Vista - Family Fun Suite

I don't think they allow pets at this hotel-we've stayed there many times and I've never seen them. It's a great hotel,good value and good staff though

Here, there and...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Country Inn Lake Buena Vista - Family Fun Suite

The Country Inn & Suites hotel is right next door to the Sheraton Safari, so there is nothing to chose in location.

I stayed at the Country Inn LBV in 2006 and it had just been remodelled, so it was OK. Sorry, just stayed in a standard room, but your deal of $59/night sounds a really great deal. I'd grab it before it goes off sale.

The free breakfast is OK too!

Florida
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Country Inn Lake Buena Vista - Family Fun Suite

Thanks for the help. I took your advice & went ahead & booked the Family Suite. The property does allow pets. I'm not sure about the Family Suites, but I guess we're about to find out. ;-)

It does appear to be a good rate. I've never checked their rates before, so I don't know how much it usually books for. As long as the room is clean, I'll be happy.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,960 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Country Inn Lake Buena Vista - Family Fun Suite

That is a good rate. I've stayed there before in a standard room and paid that or more.

The area is a great one to stay in. The hotel is nice, but if you are a pool fan you will be disappointed as theirs is very small. Walk your dog up palm parway as it is leafy, or up the rd towards the Winn Dixie.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
205 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Country Inn Lake Buena Vista - Family Fun Suite

is that for the Country Inn or Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista?

Florida
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Country Inn Lake Buena Vista - Family Fun Suite

Oops, how embarrassing. :o It is the Comfort Inn LBV. I didn't realize I'd typed the wrong name until your post. I apologize for the confusion.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,960 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Country Inn Lake Buena Vista - Family Fun Suite

Well that explains it! I knew the comfort inn allwed pets, and had never seen them at Country Inn.

Anyway, you'll be on palm parkway for those walks. But you'll be further frm restaurants and things there w/o as much in walking distance. But a really short drive or taxi to DTD (just 2 miles I think).

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
205 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Country Inn Lake Buena Vista - Family Fun Suite

just one mile to the crossroads/LBV entrance to Disney.

To answer your original post, the Family suite sleeps 5 with a queen bed, bunk bed (two singles), and another single bed in the kid's area. There is a partition that separates the "kid's" area and the "parent's" area. Overall, thats a really good value and as far as pet policies go, thats one of the most economical ones that i've seen.

Florida
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Country Inn Lake Buena Vista - Family Fun Suite

Thanks for understanding my mix-up. I wish there was a way to edit the title, but alas TA doesn't offer that option.

It sounds like the Comfort Inn isn't within walking distance of DTD. I guess that means we'll have to take a taxi the night we go to PI. Other than that, we only live an hour away, so we'll have our car.

My biggest concern now is that the rooms are clean. I've read the reviews & they aren't very good. Cleanliness didn't seem to be the major complaint though. I hope that's the case. I'll admit to being a bit of a hotel snob, but Universal's resorts are too far for what we have planned. If it's clean, I'm good.

Thanks again, you guys have been great.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
205 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Country Inn Lake Buena Vista - Family Fun Suite

i was there on Tuesday and didnt notice any obvious signs of disrepair and uncleanliness. the hotel runs a very high occupancy so there is a good amount of people around. You mentioned the UO hotels, and to compare the Comfort to them is a more than a stretch but you should expect a clean tourist class hotel, with plenty of dining options.