We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How early to Universal to pick up tickets?

New York
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How early to Universal to pick up tickets?

Hi-we printed our tickets for Universal and IOA at home (the 7 day pass) I think we're also going to get a fast pass for the first day at Universal studios. How early should we arrive at Universal to get to the ticket counter to get our tickets and fast pass (turning in the vouchers for actual tickets). We're hitting Universal first, and trying to do the Simpson ride without the fast pass, hoping then later in the day when the rides are really crazy, we'll use the fast pass then for that ride, since my son is a Simpson nut, we'll try to get on twice in the day.Does anyone know how early those ticket counters open, are they the ones to the right of the enterance to Universal Studios? Thanks!!

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
381 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How early to Universal to pick up tickets?

When I went in April the voucher window was open about 8.30am and they are the ones to the right of the entrance.

The main entrance opened about 10 minutes later but could only do Shrek or Jimmy Neutron as the rest of the park didn't open until 9am (some attractions don't open until 10am).

New York
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How early to Universal to pick up tickets?

thanks! we're staying at the grande vista-maybe we'll head out around 8 a.m. My son is counting the days until the simpsons ride!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,921 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How early to Universal to pick up tickets?

I'll bet those ticket windows are open by 8:00 AM at least, if not earlier.

As for the Express Passes, have you already purchased and are just picking them up like with your ticket voucher? If not, you could find them sold out for the date of your visit.

New York
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How early to Universal to pick up tickets?

Thanks Kat- Yes, I'm going to purchase it before we leave- I like to have all my tickets before we go- I know on those summer days, it gets very busy! I figured we'd head to the windows, hand in our vouchers (and the fast pass voucher), and get all our "real" tickets all at once- I was also wondering, do you have to go up to the window, or are there kios machines where you can do this??

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,921 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How early to Universal to pick up tickets?

I've seen those kiosk machines at Universal, so you might want to try those first. Think they need a confirmation number and a credit card verification.

If you can't get those to work, just go to the window.

New York
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How early to Universal to pick up tickets?

thanks Kat, we'll get there nice and early-

Indiana
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How early to Universal to pick up tickets?

You mentioned the kiosks at the front of the park. I just ordered tickets online and I may be wrong; but, I was under the impression the machines were for individuals who purchased tickets online and did not have them printed out. You might want to check on this before standing in a line and finding out you're in the wrong place. Anyone else know???

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
252 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How early to Universal to pick up tickets?

Just went to Universal on Sunday, and we headed straight for the Simpson Ride, I guess it was around 9am. There was only a five minute wait for the ride and for at least the first 20 minutes, the wait time stayed around 5 minutes. This is an awesome ride. Have fun!!!

New York
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: How early to Universal to pick up tickets?

Hey Indimom you might be right about that- I think we'll just head to the windows, that's what we did last year. Glad to hear the ride was slow first thing in the morning, I'm sure our son will be up bright and early to get us there early! If anyone knows different about the kios machines, that would be most helpful!

10. Re: How early to Universal to pick up tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 03:18