We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather pleasseee

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather pleasseee

Hey guys!!.. 2 more sleeps to go! Cannot wait... Hopefully in doesnt rain in new york so my flight wont be delayed..checked the disney forcast for orlando.. Just curios...does is always say scattered thunderstorms for disney.. Or am i in for alot of rain? Is it normal that it says that? HOPE SO...BE THERE SOON!!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,833 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather pleasseee

This time of year the weather always says scattered storms. It rains for a few hours in the afternoon and blows over. Do outdoor stuff like the beach and waterparks in the morning. It won't ruin your vaca.

orlando, florida
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather pleasseee

you'll need to be prepared...unfortunately summer is about the most miserable time of year to be at the theme parks...it's very crowded, and it basically feels like a hot, steamy rainforest. very hot and humid, with spectacular storms in the afternoon. central florida is the lightning capital of the US, so that gives you an idea of what to expect!

unfortunately many people end up going in summer because they can't go any other time...so you're basically stuck having to deal with our crappy summer weather.

to help, I suggest ditching whatever park you're in from the hours 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm. this is the hottest, most crowded part of the day. parks are open pretty late this time of year so you'll still have time to do everything. anyways during those hours i suggest going back to your hotel and taking a swim in the pool. sort of recharge your batteries. also, if you are at a park and it rains, DON'T leave. most people will leave a park when it rains, not knowing that our summer storms usually clear up in less than an hour. that will mean if you stay, the park will be a lot less crowded. there are indoor attractions at all the parks (except the water parks) so you can get those done with little or no line while it's pouring outside.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather pleasseee

I moved to Florida just a few years ago myself from New York. We used to go to Disney every summer and I, too, would read the forecasts. Dont Worry! The forecasts are usually the same every day and it does say scattered storms each day.

We have been getting some good thunderstorms towards the evenings, but they are fast and furious, and usually over before you know it. Bring your ponchos to the park, duck into a ride, restaurant or store and it will end soon enough. It will not ruin your vacation! Have a great time!!!!!

4. Re: Weather pleasseee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 07:20