We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January/February

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
January/February

Thinking of going next Jan/Feb. Anyone been then? Is it busy? What's the weather like?

orlando, florida
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: January/February

It is not busy except for the week following New Years in January, Martin Luther King Jr. weekend in January, and President's Week in February. Other than those times crowds are very small.

The weather is cold (in my opinion) and you will get some days that are quite cloudy and dreary. basically the same type of weather I would expect in Seattle or London. Not all days are like that, but you will get some. Some rides at the parks will be closed for refurbishment.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: January/February

I have been a few times in January, and often in February. It's an excellent time for everything except the pools and waterparks. (You may be able to swim, but it's iffy). Except for President's week, the crowds are very low - you should have very little in the way of lines. The weather is generally excellent for daytimes at the parks - you are unlikely to get very hot - although the nightimes can be a bit chilly. The weather is quite variable though - while generally you can expect daytime highs in the low seventies, it can be significantly warmer or colder from time to time. I have been swimming many times in February, but I have also sometimes worn my winter coat at night.

This past February, after several days in the mid-70s, there was a cold snap (highs in the mid-50s), and I actually wore my winter jacket during the day at Disney, for the first time ever. It was actually pretty nice, though - it was the first time I had ever been at AK when it was comfortable enough in the afternoon to walk around and see the tigers, monkeys, and other exibits.

My sister lives in Orlando, and like the previous poster, considers January and February "cold" - but then again my sister considers anything under 80 degrees to be "cold." For those of us leaving an ice storm to get to Florida, sunny and 72 sounds pretty darn wonderful.

The parks usually are not open as late during these months, but that doesn't matter as much, since they are comfortable pretty much all day. You would also get very spoiled by the lack of crowds and the ability to simply walk onto most rides, with little or no line.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: January/February

I would not go any earlier than the third week of Jan.

I have been and the weather is fine with me. I have experienced a few chilling mornings. The afternoons always heat up to at least 70 degrees. Perfect walking weather.

No lines during the week.

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: January/February

Hi. Always go in Feb and no problems. Weather good (usually70-80) which is warm by our standards. Whilst they seem to call it Presidents week, it only lasted sat, sun and mon and the schools were back on tuesday.Just avoid the malls as they were packed. It was a bit like our bank holiday weekends.

leeds
Level Contributor
1,960 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: January/February

went this year middle 2 weeks in jan, very busy..disney mararthon..suprised how busy parks were..universal though was empty..weather great..1st week low 80's to high 70's..2nd week low 70's..but still had a thunder storm better than seen in summer.

6. Re: January/February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 09:20