We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whispering Canyon Cafe or Ohana

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arkansas
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
Save Topic
Whispering Canyon Cafe or Ohana

We are trying to decide between dinner at WCC or Ohana. Any opinions? Thanks.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,749 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe or Ohana

Have you looked at the menu for each yet?

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_oh.htm

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_wc.htm

Just realize too that WCC is a loud, rowdy, very active place to eat geared toward children.

However, I'd let the food choices do most of the choosing for you.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe or Ohana

Okay I think I am leaning towards Ohana because of the menu. Our little girl will be 5 1/2 so noise will not be a problem.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe or Ohana

They both can be pretty loud. I like both of them, but their menus are very different. So, if you liked Ohana's menu better, that's the right choice. :O)

Menomonie, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
784 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe or Ohana

I would do 'Ohana for dinner, it is so yummy! You can always do Whispering Canyon for lunch. It isn't that far from the Magic Kingdom. They offer the all you care to eat BBQ meal at lunch too, if you go to Whispering Canyon they also have all you can drink milk shakes!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe or Ohana

Yum all you can drink milkshakes such a hard decision. Maybe I should figure out a way to do both. Here is my thinking. With 1 waterpark and animal kingdom. That is 2 days we will be out of the parks early. I was planning on a meal at a resort for 1 and downtown disney with BBB for the other. So I guess the question now becomes downtown disney with BBB or WCC. Or is it possible to fit in both after a water park or AK day. I am thinking the days will be hectic enough without all the travelling between park,resort,DTD in 1 day. We will be using disney transportation. What do you fine folks think?

Menomonie, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
784 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe or Ohana

Personally there is no place in Downtown Disney that I would choose to eat at over Whispering Canyon or 'Ohana. If you want to do shopping at Downtown Disney then remember you can catch a Downtown Disney bus from any resort.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe or Ohana

They are both great restaurants, but I have to vote for Whispering Canyon. First of all, the Wilderness Lodge is my favorite. The minute you walk into the lobby, it puts a smile on your face. The Whispering Canyon is so much fun. My children always loved it! I have told this story before, but... my little daughter asked for some ketchup and the next thing we knew, they started bringing over bottles upon bottles- about 24 bottles in total. Well, the giggles that came out of her was priceless. Then, they started doing a singing thing and my 2 children got up and rode around the room on horses ( heads with sticks). They had a ball. The food was good too! If you have a 51/2 year old, they will probably play up to her. Again, bith restaurants are great, so I guess it comes down to the food. WCC is bbq- family stle in the middle of the table. You will enjoy either, I am sure!

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe or Ohana

I agree with mickeym0use. I really enjoy WC

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe or Ohana

Whispering Canyon does the ketchup thing for anyone who asks for ketchup. So, even if an adult asks be prepared to stand up and yell for ketchup. Then anyone that has ketchup on their table has to bring it to you. It's a lot of fun. Ohana's has stuff for kids too. They have hula hoop competitions and cocunut races. Both restuarants are great fun for kids. :o)

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
214 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe or Ohana

The food at Ohana is GOOD! I practically had to roll out of the restaurant, they just kept bringing us more and more. Skewers of turkey, beef, pork and shrimp, wings and pot stickers, salad, just to name a few. The kids were having a great time singing, parading, learning the hula song, coconut racing-no bored kids here.

Oh but the best part was desert-banana caramel bread pudding with vanilla ice cream. MMMMMM.

You know which gets my vote.