We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween decorations?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
469 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Halloween decorations?

Are there Halloween decorations out all over disney just like at Christmas? If so, is it just in the parks or at resorts too?

Thanks

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween decorations?

Good question, and I'm honestly not sure. I know Magic Kingdom has some Halloween themed decorations to go along with generic autumn decorations, but I don't think the resorts or other parks do too much about it. Especially Epcot, which has their own event in the Food and Wine Festival in October to consider.

Wales
Level Contributor
962 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween decorations?

Disney doesnt have very much halloween decorations at Halloween- unlike its European counterparts in Paris, Where Halloween is celebrated in abunance! You may find the odd pumpkin in Main Street USA shop window. However if you buy the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, A seperate ticketed event, Disney staff wheel out a giant ghostsand [not very scary] halloween symbols. This event is great for kids. A special Halloween parade and trick or treating. During the day there is not much evidence of the evenings celebrations,however! Other parks such as Animal Kingdom,Epcot and Holywood Studios do not participate in Halloween celebrations. Unsure if Disney resorts decorate in a Halloween theme.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween decorations?

It's all over the Magic Kingdom, it's absolutely adorable!! Epcot during this time is decked out for Food & Wine, not Halloween. I don't believe HS does anything for it and we didn't visit AK the last time I was there in October.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halloween decorations?

I was at WDW on Halloween about two years ago. The resorts didn't have Halloween decorations, but on Halloween night itself, several resorts had elaborately carved pumpkins on display. Not your usual scary-faced pumpkins, but elaborate Nemo or Pirate-themed pumpkins, often with very detail scenes inside. Really amazing.

I didn't see any Halloween decorations at any of the parks at all, other than a few at the Magic Kingdom.

Scotland
Level Contributor
428 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Halloween decorations?

Hi

When do the decorations go up for Halloween?

newcastle/durham
Level Contributor
469 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Halloween decorations?

our first day last year was 10th september, main street was strung with pumpkins by then!

anglesey,
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Halloween decorations?

What you will see is mainly "Fall" decorations, MK is normally festooned with corn stalks and orange ribbons, pumpkins sitting around all oer the place, and when the lights go down the decorative lights are different for the Halloween Party.

Its not the typical Horror themes halloween decs that people would use at home.

If you want a really good halloween theme, then I suggest Halloween Horror Nights at Uninversa.

Dickson, Tennessee
Level Contributor
889 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Halloween decorations?

Not much decorating for Halloween. Mostly will see decorations out for nights of Halloween Party @ MK.

9. Re: Halloween decorations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 09:23