We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caxton Currency Cards

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Caxton Currency Cards

Caxton Currency Cards

I am looking for anyone who has used this new pre paid MasterCards® that work in exactly the same way as a debit card.

I am still in the days of buying travellers cheques and cash to take on hols but a friend swears by this altho he hasnt actually used it.

I suppose my concerns are over if it gets lost or stolen and all my cash in on the one card?

has this unfortunatley happened to anyone?

Has anyone successfully used this i the states?

appreciate your views/thoughts,, thanks

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caxton Currency Cards

Not sure about the Caxton card, but have recently purchased the FAIRFX card whixh is currently giving a great exchange rate! It's also a mastercard and is used the same way a debit card is used and widely accepted in the states. There is a charge when withdrawing cash from an ATM (£1), but no charge when purchasing things on the card. It has some great reviews on here, check them out...

Rich

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caxton Currency Cards

Thank you ... dont know why I didnt search for this first - appreciate your advise...

no more answer required thanks

3. Re: Caxton Currency Cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 12:24