We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Best Piece Of Disney Advice

glasgow
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Topic
Single Best Piece Of Disney Advice

We leave soon for Orlando and for the first time in several years will be doing the Disney parks with the 14 Day Ultimate Ticket. We have done the Flex Ticket the past few years and wanted a change before our 3 teenage sons decided they are too big for holidays with their parents.

We are staying off-site but within 15 min drive so we don't plan on spending whole days at the parks but hope to have a morning here and an evening there.

From experienced Disney travellers what is your single best piece of advice for this type of holiday?

Thanks.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,090 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Best Piece Of Disney Advice

Get to the parks before they open and be ready to "go" at the rope drop.

Also, since you are staying off-site, be sure to avoid the parks having Extra Magic Hours for the Disney guests.

torquay
Level Contributor
242 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Best Piece Of Disney Advice

Always get to the park before they open,there is a good chance you may be the only ones on the first couple of rides.

London
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single Best Piece Of Disney Advice

Pace yourself and def make time to relax, even if it's just at a water park,otherwise you will need a holiday to get over the holiday.

Enjoy.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single Best Piece Of Disney Advice

Use Fastpasses on the more popular rides. They work very well.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
580 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single Best Piece Of Disney Advice

Wear comfortable shoes.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Single Best Piece Of Disney Advice

dont forget the water parks and disney quest, 3 teenage boys will love those!!

Wrexham, North Wales
Level Contributor
912 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Single Best Piece Of Disney Advice

The Fastpass system! This could save you a load of time instead of standing in endless queues!

I also agree with the oomfortable shoes suggestion!

But above all, just do things at your own pace, relax and enjoy yourselves... :)

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Single Best Piece Of Disney Advice

I have to back up the fact get there as early as you can!!

Same with all parks you can get get on all the big rides with no queues!!

And as you have teenage sons im guessing they dont want to ride the tea cups lol

Dayton, Texas
Level Contributor
324 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Single Best Piece Of Disney Advice

Wear sunscreen! If you're a light-skinned person, this is not an option. I'm amazed at how many sunburned people that I see walking around Disney. It can make the rest of your holiday miserable if you burn on the first day.

UK
Level Contributor
634 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Single Best Piece Of Disney Advice

Early, early, early - been said before - but you really can't underestimate how much time & hassle this can save you - making sure you avoid Extra Magic Hour days.

Be realistic. yes, you might want to see & do every single thing - however if you are all tired and grumpy - skipping somethings will lead to a much more enjoyable holiday.

Plan in some rest days. a day by the pool can be considered a "wasted" day when there is so much to do - but I assure you, it isn't.

Have some time out from each other - tired, hot days and a family can just be all too much!

Ok, I know thats four things, but i could have added more.... honest!