We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel and Park Recommendation for Adults

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel and Park Recommendation for Adults

We're holidaying in Orlando at the end of September for the first time from the UK and would love to hear from anyone who would recommend a nice hotel near the themed parks? We are just two adults travelling without children and have no idea which hotel to book.

We would also like any park recommendations. We'll have time to visit two parks and have no idea which would be the best ones to visit.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,133 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel and Park Recommendation for Adults

If you are more into "thrill rides" than atmosphere, then I suggest the two Universal theme parks (Studios and Islands of Adventure).

However, if the just a couple of thrill rides are all you need and more atmosphere and magic, then Disney parks are probably where you need to go.

If you like animals, try SeaWorld and Animal Kingdom.

I personally like Epcot for adults, as it has a mixture of two-theme-parks-in-one feel, with Future World and World Showcase.

I also personally believe everyone should visit Magic Kingdom at least once in their life, so I believe a visit to M.K. is also warrented.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,133 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel and Park Recommendation for Adults

In order to recommend hotels, we need to know which parks you want to visit.

If you decide to visit Disney parks, they have 3 categories of hotels depending on your budget per night and the type of amenities and themeing you like.

If you choose Universal, they have three very nice resort on property, plus several nice places nearby outside the parks, but very close.

London
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel and Park Recommendation for Adults

We would probably want to visit Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios - but again we're not sure whether these are the best options for adults and would be grateful for your recommendations.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,133 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel and Park Recommendation for Adults

Do you truly have time for only two parks?

If so, you won't get discounts on the park tickets you purchase.

Of the three you mentioned, and being only able to pick two, I'd go with Epcot and Universal's ISlands of Adventure.

If you choose one park from each company, where you stay is not as important. Will you have a rental vehicle?

London
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel and Park Recommendation for Adults

We will be renting a car, but would like to stay quite close to the parks you recommended, ie Epcot, Universal.

London
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel and Park Recommendation for Adults

Could you recommend hotels close to Epcot, Universal and/or Animal Kingdom? Thanks.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,133 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel and Park Recommendation for Adults

The problem is that the Disney parks (Epcot/Animal Kingdom) are located over 10 miles away from Universal, so staying close to both park areas is impossible.

If you don't want to stay onsite at Disney, and would like to be about 1/2 way between the two sections, try the SeaWorld area, perhaps the Hilton Garden Inn at SeaWorld. BTW, SeaWorld is about 1/2 way between Disney and Universal.

If you want to stay near Universal only, try the Homewood Suites.

If you want to stay near Disney, but not onsite, try the Lake Buena Vista area.

If you want to stay on property at Disney and receive the extra benefits of doing so, check out these accomodations on property:

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_hot.htm

New York
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel and Park Recommendation for Adults

Hi- We stay at the Mariott Grande Vista-I think that's a nice choice for adults-it's located about 5 minutes to Seaworld, and about 10-15 from the Universal parks-not sure how far to the Disney parks, since we haven't done the Disney parks while staying there-I don't think it would be more than 20 minutes or so. We like the location of the Marriott because ( I think I have this correct), when driving on Rt 4, first you go through Disney area, then Seaworld area, then Universal, so the Marriott is somewhere in the middle, being located close to Seaworld. It's a lovely resort, check out the reviews on TA, and the pictures!

9. Re: Hotel and Park Recommendation for Adults

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 23:18