We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanamizuki Japanese Restaurant

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Topic
Hanamizuki Japanese Restaurant

I have a few questions about this restaurant:

- How is it, & how is the sushi? We'd probably order sushi as an appy, & a different entree.

- What type of dining experience does it offer?

- Are their desserts good? The menu I saw didn't include them.

- How far is it from the Downtown Disney area?

- How much can we expect to spend for a party of 4, 2 adults & 2 teens (without alcohol)?

I can get a gift certificate that would save a lot on a meal there. Even if you think it's overpriced, would you think it was worth a visit at 1/2 the price?

Sorry, I'm so full of questions. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Florida
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanamizuki Japanese Restaurant

Nevermind! I think we'll go with Kobe Steakhouse or one of the other Teppan Style Japanese restaurants. While my family would love the authentic Japanese cuisine, I'm afraid my DS's girlfriend won't eat it. We'll save Hanamizuki for a trip, when it's just the 3 of us.

Clermont, FL
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanamizuki Japanese Restaurant

There is a Benihana in the Hilton at DownTown Disney that is good--typical Benihana.

Doesn't get more convenient than that. :)

Florida
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanamizuki Japanese Restaurant

That is convenient! We're actually staying at the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista, which is supposed to be close to DTD. From that location would you suggest going to Kobe Steakhouse or Benihana? I don't think either is too far away. Which do you think is best? Thanks for your help.

Clermont, FL
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanamizuki Japanese Restaurant

I think Benihana would be closer--not positive but pretty sure. I don't think one is better than the other, so I'd go with which would be the cheaper cab ride. (From your hotel you really can't walk to either.)

Florida
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanamizuki Japanese Restaurant

Thanks again for the feedback. We'll have our own van. We live in Tampa & will be driving over. I don't know about Kobe, but we'll definitely be able to find Benihana. That's a plus!

As a side note, is there a Teppan Style Japanese restaurant near the Country Inn Calypso Cay? I keep wrestling with the idea of staying at the Comfort Inn LBV. I'm considering switching. Decisions, decisions ;-)

Clermont, FL
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanamizuki Japanese Restaurant

Not that I'm aware of, although even from there the Benihana isn't that far of a ride.

London, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanamizuki Japanese Restaurant

Ontheroad, Kobe is no more than a 5 min walk from you, Hilton at DTD is a 5min drive away. To walk wld take you 30 mins at least. You can get coupons for Kobe and it also has earlybird discounts.

8. Re: Hanamizuki Japanese Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 06:27