We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat with kids

Liverpool
3 posts
Save Topic
Places to eat with kids

We are visiting Caribbean Beach Resort next week for 2 weeks and its our first visit to WDW. Does anyone have any recomendations on best places to eat and how to make reservations? Our kids are 8 and 5 years old.

south
Level Contributor
235 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat with kids

1-407-wdw-dine is the number for dining reservations. Try to get a reservation for Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort; it's a fun character meal, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. You will probably have to take any available time, don't be picky about date and time. It's well worth it. There are menus for most Disney restaurants on www.allears.net. Another fun meal is Ohana at the Polynesian. Are your kids girls or boys? At Epcot, there is a Princess character meal at Akershus (sp?) in Norway. My family likes the character dining obviously!

Clermont, FL
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat with kids

I highly suggest trying 50's Prime Time for kids that age. Mama Melroses is another good choice.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,899 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat with kids

Go to allears.net to look at all the table service menus around Disney incl resorts and DTD.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat with kids

First thing is you have a great food court right at the Caribbean Beach hotel. You will be able to get great breakfasts ( last time we were able to get Mickey shaped waffles) and other casual meals. Buy the refillable cups and you will be able to use them the entire length of your stay.

Disney caters to kids, so most restaurants will have Kids Meals.

Our favorite kid's restaurants would include:

Any of the character meals.

Our favorites are Liberty Tree Tavern ( I heard they will be ending their character meals, but I am not sure when) in Magic Kingdom. Also, Crystal Palace is another great character meal in MK.

We love Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge. It is barbeque and my kids love the fun atmosphere.

In Hollywood Studios, there are 3 kid's favorites: Sci-fi Dine-in ( request eating in a car ), 50's Prime Time ( a real fun experience ) and Mama Melrose.

The kids also love Rainforest Cafe. There are 2 of them- one in Animal Kingdom and one in Downtown Disney Marketplace.

In Epcot, my kids love the Mexico pavillion eating by the volcano. They do have a kids meal. The outside Mexico restaurant is nice, too, off of the lagoon. Germany is also fun, because it has entertainment.

pa
Level Contributor
54,311 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat with kids

If you are interested in any of the character Meals, I would call ASAP. Table Service Restaurants book up fast and I wouldn't count on just waliking up.

For a complete list of Disney Restaurants and Menus

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining.htm

to call from the UK

001 407 939 3463

Most Counter Service Restaurants are just fine also so I wouldn't rule them out, basic fare with a few nice extras that I'm sure your kids will like.

Cast Members at Caribbean Beach Guest Services can help you find availability once you are there, they are very helpful.

Caribbean Beach is a Great Resort, very Tropical and Fun, enjoy :)

Liverpool
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat with kids

Thank you all for the great tips, we will certainly try to visit all your suggestions. It really looks like we are spoilt for choice and we are really looking forward to our visit to this special place.

Many Thanks

7. Re: Places to eat with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 06:20