We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days to go, last minute help........

London
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
4 Days to go, last minute help........

First time in Florida for me and my girlfriend. Can we have some advice on what to do, and what to change to our plans?

Both in out mid 20's so might get bored going to parks everyday....

anyway plans are like this so far, what do you reckon?

Thursday (First full day there) - Disney Hollywood Studios

Friday - Magic Kingdom

Saturday - Beach (Cocoa beach maybe?) - Shopping

Sunday - Busch Gardens

Monday - SeaWorld

Tuesday - Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon

Wednesday - Universal Studios / Evening Universal Citywalk

Thursday - Epcot Future World

Friday - Wet And Wild

Saturday - Beach/Shopping

Sunday - Animal Kingdom

Monday - Aquatica

Tuesday - Island of Adventure - Evening Universal City Walk

Wednesday - Go Home!

Lincolnshire
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Days to go, last minute help........

Have Lots Of FUN!!

england
Level Contributor
159 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Days to go, last minute help........

Hi on the day you go to Aquatica get there early if you have already got your tickets it opens at 8am , we arrived t 8.30 and it was filling up fast have fun .

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Days to go, last minute help........

Wow, you have some itinerary. You will have a great time.

Just some thoughts...

On Saturday, you might go to Cocoa Beach. You will have a great time. I actually live close to there and it is fun. It is about an hour from Disney.

Then Sunday, you have Busch Gardens. That is between an hour and an hour and a half from the Disney area, so you do have a lot of driving with the 2 days. I wasnt sure if you knew.

Then you have on Tues both Blizzaed beach and Typhoon Lagoon. That is a lot for one day.

Then you have on Thursday only Epcot future world. That is half of the park. You can do both Future world and the countries in one day. It will be a full day, but I wouldnt want you to miss out on a lot of wonderful things over on that side of the park.

Anyway, boy , you are going to have a wonderful fun filled packed vacation. Enjoy!!! I hope that I have helped.

orlando, florida
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Days to go, last minute help........

On the first Saturday, I would go to Clearwater Beach and maybe stay over night. Busch Gardens is only about 30 mins away from Clearwater, and on the way back to Orlando.

That way you would only have to make a long drive twice instead of four times in two days.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Days to go, last minute help........

I don't see any 'night life' plans in there anywhere except for the 2 nights at City Walk. by then you will most probably be exhausted from being in the parks all day. If it's in your budget, get the Universal Express pass.

I would swap Cocoa for St. Pete/Clearwater (google Pier 60 St. Pete). Nicer water / sand. I would also suggest spending the night in a $50 hotel between beach and BG. It'll cost you about that much in gas driving back and forth between Disney/Orlando area and Cocoa or St.Pete/Clearwater. You will have more time to rest as well. and if you want to go out at night you can hit Ybor city (USF students hang here) in Tampa after the beach.

You have a 2nd beach day scheduled, head east on I-4 and hit New Smyrna/ Daytona area. You can drive right on the beach. you'll be about 20 minutes from Daytona Speedway once you get up to that beach area.

The water parks. Typhoon Lagoon has the better wave pool, and Blizzard has the better water slide. TL is more relaxed than the theme at BB. Wet and Wild, won't take all day. Plan shopping around that. you'll be right up the street from the newly redesigned PRIME outlets.

Disney Parks, use your fast pass wisely. IF you are asking these types of questions then you will do great managing your time AND having fun. you can fast pass a ride at disney and go stand in line at another ride. before getting on the ride you just fast passed go fast pass another ride, you can have 2 fast passes running at any given time. e.g. you fast pass Rockin' Roller Coaster with a return time of noon to 1. before getting on Rockin exactly at noon, walk over to Tower and fast pass that one. Now while you are waiting for Tower, you will be in line (the shorter fast pass line) for Rockin. Do this for all fast pass enabled rides.

These are just a few things I wish I had known when my G/F and I first visited Orlando and tried to pull off what you are about to do. There is plenty to do and you have enough options to not get bored. Don't forget Down Town Disney.

You are gonna need a vacation after this one. Good luck.

Columbus, GA
Level Contributor
130 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Days to go, last minute help........

Sounds like you're ready to have a very busy trip!

My only recommedation would be to limit your bouncing around from the gulf/Atlanta/central Florida. That's alot of driving...

If you want to visit both the gulf (Busch Gardens, Clearwater Beach) and Atlantic Coasts (Cocoa Beach), I would do one the first part of your trip, and the other the latter part of your trip.

For example- Go to Busch Gardens one day, stay the night somewhere in the area, and hit the gulf coast beaches for a half day the next day. Then you could travel back to Orlando for dinner / Citywalk / Downtown Disney that evening.

As for Cocoa Beach- You'll have a very different experience there- bigger waves & brown sand, so I think it's worthwile, but you could easily make it a half-day trip,and be back to Orlando by dinner.

Also, if you're getting a Park Hopper plus water park option, I think you'll be very happy visiting TL and BB, and won't need to go to Wet-&-Wild. I've never been to Aquatica, and it seems unique, so perhaps it's worth the extra $$$$$$, though...

Have a fantastic time!!!!!!!!!

7. Re: 4 Days to go, last minute help........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 23:18