We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue man group

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Blue man group

Hi has anyone seen the blue man group are they worth while seeing? are they worth the money? are kids are 21 and 15 will they enjoy it? we loved cirque de soleil

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue man group

Spelling mistake our kids not are oops

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue man group

I have not seen them in Orlando, however, I've seen them in Las Vegas - they are AWESOME! Very well worth the money IMHO. My sister thought that you would require a very dry humour to appreciate it and I thought it more like performance art.

My suggestion is because of varying tastes, take a look on youtube (you can do a google search as well) and see a video before making a decision.

The folks in Vegas who were sitting in front of us loved it and their son had seen the performances in New York and Vegas and thoroughly was "up" on Blue Man Group (and quite happily told us their history before the show) - BUT the folks behind us got up and walked out midway through the performance - too loud, I think. Personally, I think it's an acquired taste, just like most Cirque shows - you either hate it or love it. Lots of black light and flying tempura paint and very loud percussion. No talking but great music and lots of laughs.

I thought it was more like

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue man group

Personally, I don't understand the hype. It was loud, obnoxious and not entertaining. I went with women of different ages and none of us liked it. I wouldn't pay the money to see the show, but that's my opinion. It will be interesting to see what kind of response you get to this posting. I would see cirque de soleil over Blue Man group any day.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue man group

Thanks for the mixed replys so far I'll wait to see any other opinions and view on u tube

new jersey
Level Contributor
151 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue man group

I personally would love to hear other people's opinions about whether people would recommend Blue Man Group or Cirque Du Soleil if you were only going to go to one show as we have been debating what to do and I'm not going to get tickets to both. So what is most people's preference????

Tunbridge Wells
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue man group

I too have seen BMG in Vegas with my kids (then aged 5 and 12). I thought it was absolutely fantsatic and my kids LOVED it. The music is loud and percussive, and the humour is dry but - to my mind - generally very clever and witty, so if you don't like that kind of thing don't go, but my daughter (now 6) still goes on about it. On the other hand I've been to see CDS as well and it bored me to death. I am sure there are plenty who would feel the exact opposite about both though.

England
Level Contributor
297 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue man group

I too love Cirque, going to see Blue Man Group in August, will let you know when I get back.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
104 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue man group

I went to see Blue Man Group in Orlando in May this year.

I thought it was FANTASTIC! There was me (34) and my 7 year old daughter, and we both absolutely loved it.

The music was great, it was really funny, and it was totally unique. I don't think you'll see anything else like it.

Let's face it, they're thousands of miles away - It's not like you you're going to get many oportunities to go see them. My advise it to go see them while you can. You don't want to get home and wish you'd gone!

I will certainly be going next time I go to Orlando.

Preston, Lancs
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue man group

Saw both in Vegas, you cannot compare them as they are so completely different.

BMG is LOUD and in your face Cirque is clever and has very skilled performers.

See them both as they are brilliant in different ways

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue man group

my daughter (then 10) and i went last year. i reluctantly paid the money, nearly passed out at the price but paid it as she really wanted to see it. i however wasnt too keen... boy was i wrong... it was fabulous absolutely worth the money in my opinion. i loved it and its amazing how 3 men dressed in blue who dont speak can get the audience laughing and having the best time. i thoroughly enjoyed it and if you can afford it, go its brilliant