We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather In June

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belturbet, Ireland
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Weather In June

I am restricted with school holidays and mid June(12-15) would give us a bit of scope to travel, We dont mind taking kids out say the last week.

What exactly is the weather like??Is it mad hot /sticky weather? and are the crowds too much. The only other time is Easter as kids get just over 2 weeks of school and crowds Im sure will be mad at that time.

We were hoping to go to Orlando for 10 days maybe and then take 3 or 4 at one of the beaches and then go home via New York so feel that we would like 3 weeks at our disposal, which is only available during summer holidays.

Advise would be very welcome

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather In June

We went for two weeks from May24th to June 7th which is just before your days. Our first weekend was US holiday and was very busy although we did notice a sharp decrease in number of people around during the second week (and I think most of the people we saw were Brits!).

Temperature wise it was offically mid 90s for the full two weeks. I say officialy because we went to Aquctica on three separate days and the big temperature board there read 92.....107!!!!....103. As you might expect with weather this hot there were a couple of big (but very short) afternoon thunder storms

The one advantage of the weeather was it was a very dry heat so the kids just got soaked in fountains etc to cool down and then were very quickly dry.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather In June

There will be some crowds. That is approximately when a lot of the schools in the South get out for the summer.( The last day for Florida children will be around the 4th). The good news for you is that most of the schools from up North ( like from New York ) get out towards the end of June, so the heavy crowds will not be there yet. It should be fine.

As far as weather, it will be hot with maybe some afternoon thunderstorms, but it should be fine again.

Before I moved to Florida from New York, we always visited in the summer for the same reasons that you are planning to, and it always worked out great. I would definitely go with the summer instead of during Easter break, It tends to be very crowded around then.

Belturbet, Ireland
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather In June

Thanks for your replys, just trying to get a good deal right now for flights

4. Re: Weather In June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 20:17