We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Disney Ticket Prices (MSNBC Article)

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,455 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
New Disney Ticket Prices (MSNBC Article)

I did a quick scan and didn't see them, so here's a link to MSNBC article showing new prices for park tickets...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26007598/

Short version, 1 days went up $4, to $75 with the addition scaled down the more days you stay, park hopper up $5 to $50 per ticket, regardless of length.

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,978 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Disney Ticket Prices (MSNBC Article)

And, these prices are before tax, so you have more cost when the sales tax is added.

For instance the $50 park hopper option is actually $53.25 when sales tax is added. The one-day $75 ticket is actually $79.88 including the tax.

Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Disney Ticket Prices (MSNBC Article)

I guess I will be buying annual passes to Universal for now on that is crazy my kids are bigger now anyway but I liked Disney I like it but not that much.

That will keep alot of Americans cutting there ticket days down I think that is a total ripoff I guess the kids aren't gonna wanna go with me to Disney just the hubby for 2 days I just want to see the lights Universal hear I come.

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Disney Ticket Prices (MSNBC Article)

The economics of supply & demand will eventually ring Disneys Bell.

New Yawk
Level Contributor
514 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Disney Ticket Prices (MSNBC Article)

Actually Disney is doing things smart!!!!

I just got a 6 day (3 + 3 free) for the same price as a three day. Now I'll be spending twice the $$$ in THEIR parks!!!! Key is....they want to keep you on-site. That's why Universal is doing the "all week pass for the price of a day" thingy, and Seaworld gives you a free second visit!!!!

2-fer

:o)

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Disney Ticket Prices (MSNBC Article)

If all the costs are rising, you can't expect Disney to not raise prices. That'd be stupid on their part. The thing is, it's Disney. People still come. Not to mention this is something Disney does every year. It's not like Disney randomly decided to take a price hike. If you don't see it in ticket prices, you see it elsewhere (and you are seeing it elsewhere, but if it's a little here and a little there, it makes it easier to swallow.) And if they don't raise prices, the service level goes down and then people complain about that. You can't have it every way.

Costs are on the rise. It's called inflation. Not a recession.

6. Re: New Disney Ticket Prices (MSNBC Article)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 18:19